Thank you for visiting the Credentials Committee page on SBC.net. This webpage exists to provide individuals an opportunity to address concerns about whether a church that is currently identified as a cooperating church with the Southern Baptist Convention continues to meet our standards of faith and practice. That standard of faith and practice is The Baptist Faith and Message. This statement of faith lifts up “certain definite doctrines that Baptists believe, cherish, and with which they have been and are now closely identified.”
In addition to The Baptist Faith and Message, numerous resolutions adopted by messengers at the SBC annual meetings reflect the collective opinion of Southern Baptists on a given topic at the time each resolution was adopted. These resolutions also lift up values and ideals embraced by Southern Baptists on a variety of doctrinal, moral, and ethical matters not specifically addressed or fully developed in The Baptist Faith and Message. Previously adopted resolutions can be found here.
We want to help you understand what the Credentials Committee is, what we do within the SBC, and how to report your concerns. As you progress through this site, you will find the following:
- The Credentials Committee Statement of Assignment
- A Statement of Relationship between the Southern Baptist Convention and other Baptist Bodies, including local churches
- Steps to Take if You Want to Report Instances of Racial Discrimination Affirmed or Supported by a Church that Cooperates with the Southern Baptist Convention
- Steps to Take if You Want to Report Instances of Sexual or Other Forms of Abuse in a Church or SBC Ministry Setting
- Steps to Take if You Wish to Report Other Concerns about a Cooperating Church’s Relationship with the Southern Baptist Convention