The First Baptist Church of Maryville, IL is a growing congregation of over 1,400 in regular attendance, located in the Metro East area of St. Louis, MO, 25 minutes from downtown.
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for the Worship & Arts Ministry. The person we seek must first and foremost be a follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for worship and a clear calling to our church. He will possess instrumental, vocal, and musical skills with a gift of leading others into Christ-centered worship.
- Direct the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating of a comprehensive music program including choirs, vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Give direction and coordinate the worship and arts programs with the organizational calendar.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in planning all services of worship.
- Help in the planning, organizing and leading in all aspects of the worship ministry and special services, in coordination with the appropriate staff members and ministry teams.
- Give direction to the worship and arts ministry.
- Remain current on music methods, materials, promotion, and administration.
- Prepare an annual worship budget line for approval; administer the approved budget.
- Cooperate with other ministry leaders in scheduling activities.
- Serve as a part of the ministerial team of the church.
- Prepare and lead worship team rehearsals; including effective communication, scheduling, etc., with the teams.
- Encourage and assist with the development and expansion of new services and experiences including different formats and forms of musical and creative expression as needed.
- Give direction to a variety of musical and artistic groups by developing and training others to lead them.
- Grow and expand the ministry with a vision for teaching the congregation the beauty and variety of worship.
- Promote the unity, direction and vision of First Baptist Church by participating in staff meetings and then bringing departmen
Our church is a place where we enjoy the experience of growing closer to God and each other. We find a lot of encouragement through meeting together weekly and celebrating the works of God in our church family. Just 25 minutes from downtown St. Louis, MO, Maryville is a friendly town that is a great place to minister and to live. We have 3 Sunday morning worship services each week, and Wednesday evening bible study classes.