Eastwood Baptist Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma is seeking a full time Children’s Pastor who is gifted and motivated to reach children from birth through 5th grade. Conversant in Spanish is a plus is our culturally diverse area of Tulsa. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work under the direct supervision of the Associate Pastor to plan, direct, and oversee the curricular and extracurricular activities of the church related to birth through fifth grade children. These include, but are not limited too, Sunday School, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, and summer camps.
A professing Christian who adheres to the doctrine and theological teachings of The Baptist Faith and Message.
A strong passion, desire, and calling to teach and work with children coupled with an outgoing, friendly, self-motivated personality.
Must present a neat, professional, and well-groomed personal appearance; possess and demonstrate good organization, communication, and people skills; able to coordinate, supervise, and work well with volunteers, parents, grandparents and children, as well as other church employees.
Must refrain from the consumption of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
Basic computer skills; word processing and email.
A college degree and/or experience in Early Childhood Development or Elementary Education is desired.
Salary & Benefits:
Negotiable; commensurate with job knowledge and experience. Benefits are granted as outlined in the church’s Personnel Manual.
1. Maintain a high level of spiritual influence and testimony.
2. Plan, coordinate, and evaluate the educational programs for birth - 5th grade, to include the acquisition and distribution of materials and supplies.
3. Enlist, train, equip, and supervise qualified teachers/leaders and childcare volunteers as needed, to include conducting background checks as appropriate.
4. Hire and supervise qualified childcare workers as needed, to include conducting interviews, and background checks as appropriate.
5. Host/Conduct regular monthly children’s ministry teacher/leader meetings and attend other staff and/or teacher/leader meetings as required.
6. Organize and direct (or coordinate) a minimum of three extracurricular children’s activities per calendar year (i.e. Fall Festival, Camps)
7. Prepare and submit an annual budget request for the children’s ministry to the Associate Pastor and manage the approved budget responsibly, adhering to the purchasing guidelines as established.
8. Be visible and available to children’s ministry teachers/leaders during church services and activities offering assistance and substituting as needed.
9. Keep office and other work areas neatly maintained. Monitor/Inspect children’s classrooms after use, ensuring that workers/teachers clean up appropriately.
10. Write/submit an article pertaining to the children’s ministry each month for the church blog or newsletter.
11. Attend professional development conferences and workshops as needed or assigned.
12. Perform other tasks as assigned.