The Director of Childhood Ministries is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, and evaluating a comprehensive ministry to families who have children from birth through sixth grade. This ministry will be completed within the context of the overall discipleship strategy of Lynwood Baptist Church and with an emphasis on engaging all kids through fun and friendship to experience the love of God and equip kids and their families for the adventure of faith.
Supervisor: Discipleship Pastor
1. Lead the Kids Ministry program (birth through sixth grade) through vision casting, supervision, and support to volunteers and families.
2. Develop, implement, and maintain a system to ensure the Kid’s Ministry Volunteers know, buy-in to, and serve according to the vision of the Kid’s Ministry (in accordance with the Lynwood Discipleship Vision.)
3. Annually determine measurables and strategies to obtain the goals determined.
4. Be an active participant of the Lynwood Next-Gen team.
5. Be an active participant of the Lynwood team overall.
6. Develop and maintain an annual budget for Kid’s ministry, in cooperation with the Finance Committee and ministry staff.
7. Recruit and invest (at minimum bi-monthly) in 4 volunteer coordinators. This will be your primary group you personally invest in.
8. Assist coordinators in recruiting volunteers.
9. Schedule, coordinate, and execute at minimum 2 volunteer trainings per year. Ideally this would happen quarterly.
10. Develop, implement, and maintain a system of consistent encouragement for volunteers.
11. Develop, implement, and maintain a system that encourages and empowers parents to take ownership of discipling their children.
12. Lead all church – wide events geared towards children, ie Trunk or Treat, VBS, Kampout, etc. This includes determining the “why” and “win” of each big event as well as a method of evaluation.
13. When needed coordinate child-care for church-wide events and provide supervision to paid childcare workers.
14. Ensure that ministerial and support staff are kept in the communication loop as needed.
15. Ensure the safety and security of all children participating in Kid’s Ministry.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Discipleship Pastor, Executive Pastor, and/or Senior Pastor.
Bachelor's degree required, Seminary degree preferred.