The English Ministry of Songtan Central Baptist Church is seeking a full time English Pastor / Co-Pastor to join our counsel of elders in leading a multigenerational and multicultural church in Songtan South Korea.
Denomination: Southern Baptist
Job type: Full- time
Level of Education desired: Master’s Degree from Baptist Seminary or
equivalent experience..(Four or more years serving Full-Time on a Church Staff)
The English Ministry of Songtan Central Baptist Church (Pyeongtaek, South Korea) is seeking a full-time co-pastor to join our council of elders and help lead this congregation through worship, teaching, pastoral care, preaching, and administration. Candidate should be a leader and willing ministry partner; with a high view of scripture, strong pastoral skills, experienced in leading traditional and contemporary worship services, and an effective organizer and administrator of church programs. Must be able to work closely with Korean staff in the church. SCBC will adhere to the Biblical qualifications as set forth in Scripture (including 1-2 Timothy, Luke 4:16-21, 1 Peter 5: 1-4, and Titus 1)
Primary Responsibilities of the English Pastor / Co-Elder:
- Partner with our current English pastor to oversee all the English ministries of the church as part of our Council of Elders. The Council of
Elders is composed of our lead Korean pastor, and our current English Pastor. Future lay elders to be identified and called.
- Work with English Ministry Elders and Leadership Team for all decisions concerning the English Ministry of Songtan Central Baptist Church
- Equip, educate, and edify the church by praying for and protecting the spiritual integrity of the church and the teaching ministry.
- Partner with Elder Council in the teaching/vision ministry for the English congregation.
- Engaging in pastoral care ministries
- Engaging in counseling ministries
- Help identify spiritual needs of our English congregation
- Be instrumental in developing programs to meet our church needs.
- Be personally accountable to the Lord, fellow Elders and the congregation
- Participate in the broader community life of SCBC
- Greet and follow up with visitors of the church
- Other duties as assigned/delegated by the Elder council or leadership team.
- Ordained by an ecclesiastical body that is theologically consistent with the Southern Baptist Convention’s confession of faith as outlined in the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message
- Masters degree from Baptist Seminary
- 4+ years of ministry experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Highly Desired:
- International experience & multicultural experience
- Excitement to partner in ministry with other Elders and our leadership team.
- Military background/retiree
- Counseling experience
- Administrative skills
SCBC Search Team