Champion Fellowship is passionate about reaching the next generation for Christ, and we're looking for the next student pastor (middle school & high school) to take a lead role in accomplishing that vision.
The Youth Pastor at Champion Fellowship will possess a strong desire to reach the next generation for Jesus Christ. Through creative ministry methods and a deep commitment to excellence, this person will model and communicate Biblical principles in a language that students understand. This individual will live out daily the words and messages that he communicates to the students in both formal and informal settings. This individual must understand that building relationships with students on and off the church campus is of vital importance. We believe that one of the most important aspects of student ministry is to involve students in healthy and challenging small groups where each member is involved relationally with properly trained small group leaders who see themselves as “front-line ministers” to our students.
Additionally, the Youth Pastor will work with many individuals and organizations in the local area in order to the youth of our community.
Champion Fellowship offers a very competitive salary and benefits package to include medical insurance, cell phone, life insurance, etc. We will discuss relocation expenses before final approval.
All correspondence is to take place through CFyouthpastor@championfellowship.org
If you believe God may be leading you to serve here, please submit your resume to the above email address. Along with the resume, we require:
• Weblink to view you speaking in 2 different events between February 2019 and February 2020.
• Provide 3 references: Ministry professional, Ministry volunteer, Previous supervisor
When you submit your resume and supporting information, you will receive a reply that we have it on file. The search team is led by God in its decisions and their decision is final. If the team determines that Champion Fellowship is not the place of ministry where God is leading you, we will inform you as soon as possible. If you are asked to supply additional information, you will receive a follow-up email.
• Ordained male pastor with 5 years of full-time, paid ministry experience.
• Humble, prayerful walk with Christ who can lead by example.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in theological studies is preferred.
• Submit to a background check.
• Agree with the theological position of the church and the Biblical definition of marriage.
• Ability to humbly discuss Biblical truths in various community settings.
• Organized, Resourceful, Creative, A Self-Starter, Self-Motivated.
• Ability to connect with students of all ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to connect with parents and discuss difficult subjects when necessary.
• A relational leader with experience in connecting students into service within the church and/or community.
• Experience with all areas of social media with audio and video editing a plus.
• Ability to go deep into scripture when needed.
• Someone who can challenge the students spiritually and not just talk about current events.
• Ability to evaluate present ministry activity and make recommendations for improvements.
• Experience in recruiting and motivating volunteers into strong teams.
• Work with the staff team to carry out the ministry goals and vision of the church.
• An attitude of being faithful, available, and teachable.
• Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends, and public holidays, and on short notice.
• Be an excellent communicator with others in large crowds and small circles.
• Ability to adapt to changes and still function effectively.
• Possess the drive to create and build environments that exceed expectations.
• Team player who is willing to help other staff team members accomplish their goals.
• Implement leadership recruitment, development, and a shepherding plan to cultivate committed leaders.
• Strong administrative skills to provide leadership and coordinate all aspects of the ministry
• Experience in submitting and following a ministry budget.
• A faithful, available, teachable spirit that is seen by a humble attitude.
• Never settle for the status quo, and always rise to a challenge.
• Affinity for young people with a desire to help them come to know and grow in Christ.
• Desire and ability to lead anyone to Christ.