First Baptist Church is seeking a minister to serve our youth and worship ministries at FBC. Our church of 200 regular attenders has a thriving youth ministry that's been rebuilt over the last six years with a core of solid volunteers to serve this ministry of nearly 40 students through large/small group discipleship, regular activities, and mission projects. In addition, our current worship leader has built a great system of rehearsal and team rotations, but is transitioning more attention to another ministry area outside of our church, creating an opportunity to bring these two areas together so our church can better invest one new minister.
The position will be primarily focused on the youth ministry, but will include the need to plan, rehearse, and oversee musical worship for our weekly worship services. There is flexibility regarding full-time/part-time status based on the fit and needs of the applicant.
Visit this link to view a brief video from our pastor and to see this position in document form: www.dropbox.com/sh/m9wolrp4lybkfxo/AACYR4k3L_iA-I2Xl8ZpAatba?dl=0
Principal Function: The Youth and Worship Minister is responsible for providing spiritual leadership for students in grades 7 through 12 (youth) via the Church and for meeting youth and blended worship needs within the Church and youth needs in the community. The Senior Pastor shall serve as the supervisor for the Youth and Worship Minister, attending regular meetings with the Youth and Worship Minister, and with additional oversight from the Personnel Workgroup of the Church as needed.
1. Formal or volunteer leadership experience related to the Youth and Worship Minister’s principal functions are necessary including the ability to lead worship vocally and instrumentally.
2. Familiarity with and open to growing the Worship Ministry in tech production including audio, lights, and video.
3. Must be able to maintain confidentiality, be dependable, and be responsible in leading students.
4. Shall support the denominational agencies with which the Church is in cooperation, and represent the essential beliefs of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Church.
5. Shall possess a positive Christian faith and witness, and shall conduct him- or herself in a Christian manner according to scriptural guidelines.
6. Shall be able to understand and communicate with various types of persons.
7. Shall be spiritually sensitive and committed to Christ and the Church.
8. Shall have a desire to serve Christ and love people.
1. Allot approximately 75% of time towards the youth ministry and 25% of time towards the worship ministry.
2. Lead the Youth Ministry of the Church to function in order to achieve its mission of leading students to Christ and thereafter discipling them to:
a. proclaim the gospel,
b. care for one another, other believers and all persons in the community, and
c. develop leadership skills in the Church.
3. Serve on the Leadership Council.
4. Cooperate with other church ministries and workgroups as needed.
5. Supervise the Youth Ministry and Worship Team of the Church and report appropriate information to proper committees/ workgroups.
6. Lead in planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the Youth Ministry and the Worship Ministry of the Church and enlist workers to assist in youth and worship activities including, but not limited to, youth fundraising events and mission opportunities.
7. Manage the Youth Ministry and the Youth and Worship Minister’s personal social media presence to always reflect Christ.
8. Recommend and advise in the selection of all curriculum and Youth Ministry teachers.
9. Manage and update minor students’ information and release forms.
10. Arrange and lead worship band rehearsals.
11. Represent the Church in a Christ-like manner at civic, community, and denominational functions.
12. Shall be a member of the Church and participate in its activities.