The Minister of Music is responsible to the Senior Pastor for planning, organizing and promoting a comprehensive music program for the church. In addition, this position will assist the Senior Pastor with various administrative and ministerial tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
We are looking for the man God has set aside to help lead our church in music. He needs to have the ability to work with and lead a choir of 15-20. An understanding of theologically sound music is required.
1. Assist the Senior Pastor in planning, conducting and evaluating the congregational worship.
2. Direct and lead the church choir and conduct regular rehearsals; organize and direct other music groups such as vocal and/or instrumental ensembles; plan for special concerts and concert artists.
3. Plan organize and direct occasional choir performances, and special seasonal productions.
4. Develop a team of musicians who are ministry minded and will support the music ministry of NOBC.
5. Provide music, as requested, for weddings and funerals, VBS and other special events.
6. Enlist and train leadership needed for the church music ministry, including maintenance of music library, materials, and supplies.
7. Prepare and recommend an annual music budget for approval.
8. Supervise the technical aspects of the music ministry with the existing volunteer staff (audio, video etc.).
9. Develop and recommend for approval annual goals and actions for attaining them. This pertains to both music ministry and other ministry functions, as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
10. Stay abreast of current developments, methods and materials related to the music ministry.
11. Cooperate with the associational, state and denominational leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
12. Assist in pastoral visitation.
1. A Christ Centered life.
2. The ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
3. Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
4. Be able to adapt to changing environments.
5. The highest level of personal Integrity.
6. A servant’s heart.
7. Obedience in tithing as a Biblical principal.
8. Be an active member of North Oaks Baptist Church, participating in all ministries.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s in either music or theology.
Experience: 3-5 years is preferred, but consideration will be given to education.
No phone calls please. To be considered for this position, submit the following:
1. Cover letter
3. (Optional) A link to a music service you have led.