The Children’s Minister will be responsible to develop, lead and shephered the Children’s Ministries (Birth – 5th grade) at Second Baptist Church (SBC). SBC offers children’s ministry programs for Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, and Wednesday evenings. We are looking for someone who loves children and desires to develop a state of the art ministry that reaches children and families.
• We currently average 100 children (Birth-5th) attending Sunday school each week with an additional 30 children participating in other ministries.
•We have never had a full time children's minister.
•While our participation is strong, the value of our ministry is lacking.
•Our hope and prayer is that the candidate will bring a vision for expanded ministry that adds the following:
1. A front door ministry that reaches children through music, activity and evangelistic messages. (Orange, Awana, Custom). Ultimately, we need that place where children are excited to atttend and bring their friends.
2. Develop an intentional discipleship plan that equips new believers and works to establish theological basics each child should know before leaving the children's ministry.
3. Create a ministry to families that assists and encourages parents to disciple their children.
•Work together with pastoral staff to enhance and contribute to the overall success of SBC’s mission: To lead children into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
•Develop and oversee all programming and ministry for children Birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings/evenings, Wednesday evenings, Vacation Bible School, summer programming, special events, etc.
•Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and age level.
•Develop team leaders in both spiritual maturity and leadership capacities.
•Create environments, activities, and programming that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
•Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers.
•Oversee the interviewing and screening process for all preschool and children’s ministry volunteers.
•Partner with parents to aid in the discipleship and development of their children by communicating with and providing resources to encourage weekly teaching in the home.
•Provide care for children and families to include, but not limited to visits, counseling, mentoring.
•Prepare and administer the Preschool, Children’s Ministry annual financial budget.
•Develop and implement a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
•Contribute to the overall mission of SBC by performing duties as needed that may be outside of your specific ministry area.
40,000-50,000 starting salary (Based on Education/Experience)
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for the candidate and family (This is in addition to the salary)
Matching Retirement Plan through Guidestone Financial Services.
• A relevant four-year degree (i.e., Early Child Development, Education, Children’s Ministry, or Bible) from an accredited institution.
•Meets biblical qualifications for ministerial leadership
•Affirm the Baptist, Faith and Message 2000
•Competency with basic computer software (Mac OS Preferred). The capacity to learn new software quickly, and use of social media to communicate and engage.
•Committed Christ-follower who has been called by God into ministry.
•Innovative and Self-starter
•A passion for children and to see families grow in their faith together.
•Strong organizational and leadership skills.
•Ability to build and lead volunteer teams.
•Effective communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal) and conflict management skills.