Purposes: To oversee and develop the worship of God through music at Fellowship Baptist Church.
Church Mission/Vision: To be a church of disciples who make disciples who know Jesus, serve Jesus, and share Jesus.
1. To lead singing on Sunday mornings and to help provide accompaniment and lead musicians.
2. In line with the church’s vision, select songs, oversee the music and development of the praise team (or choir, as he/she chooses), and oversee special music.
3. To communicate with those who assist in various ways in the services as necessary (for baptisms, the Lord’s Supper, assistant song leader, etc).
4. To help plan the budgets for “worship.”
5. To regularly communicate the pastor for prayer, review, feedback, support, and guidance.
6. Develop, organize and maintain the music library. Also aware of copyright music (CCLI).
7. Provide information for the bulletin.
Membership: Must be (become upon call) a member or watch-care member of Fellowship Baptist Church.
Qualifications/Expectations: 1) Proven godly character (Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Timothy 3:1-12; Titus 1:5-9); 2) Humble reliance upon God through prayer; 3) Willingness and ability to submit to the pastor(s) and work alongside of him; 4) In full agreement with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000; 5) Committed to striving to make disciples through Sunday services. In addition to these qualifications, this role also requires 6) An ability to lead congregational singing and play an instrument (i.e. guitar, piano, keyboard).
Contact/Accountable to: Senior Pastor: email@example.com
Time Commitment: This will be a part-time/bi-vocational position, expecting 10-15 hours per week of serving. Each year the pastor and personnel team will assess the position.