Full-Time Music and Missions Pastor. The primary responsibilities of the full-time music and missions pastor will be to lead a blended worship service, and grow the music ministry at Abbeville FBC.
This position will also lead and give oversight to the local missions at Abbeville FBC, as well as help plan mission trips with the other ministerial staff.
This person is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
The candidate should be friendly and personable to invite new members to join our worship and missions ministry. The music and missions of the church should be a representation of Christ on our campus and in our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/MUSIC
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Abbeville FBC in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with the mission and vision at Abbeville FBC.
3. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead a well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship service and Sunday Evening service. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services and building upon the existing worship team to include more members of the church body. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate worship services.
4. Coordinate with other ministerial staff members to ensure all ages have opportunities to engage in music and worship.
5. Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Ability to conduct with all instrumental accompaniment.
6. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
7. Attend a weekly staff meeting with the Senior Pastor, and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
8. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
9. When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/MISSIONS
1. Coordinate and give oversight to all local missions that Abbeville FBC participates in.
2. Promote and Plan the one day of giving for missions event every year.
3. Plan and Coordinate with the other ministerial staff so that Abbeville FBC fulfills Acts 1:8 in sending out teams from our church.
4. Coordinate with Missions Committee, and attend all Missions Committee meetings.
Education: A degree in music or related field of study from an accredited institution is required. Seminary is a plus, but not required.
Proficient in ProPresenter or similar software.
Experience: Experience leading choral and praise team music. Must have participated in multiple mission activities. Experience leading mission trips is a plus.
Must adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
Submit resume and cover letter (Video Leading Worship is a Plus) to firstname.lastname@example.org
307 N Main St
Abbeville, SC 29620-1758