Shoal Creek Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a Minister of Worship & Media. Candidates will be a man who is called, ordained, and set apart by God to the gospel ministry, biblically grounded in theology, and is committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for Pastors and Elders. Candidates will be one who exemplifies godly character and leadership. He is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of others, innovative, action-oriented, committed to results, and demonstrates a high level of excellence and competency. Shoal Creek is multi-generational and wishes to maintain a blended worship style with a mix of hymns and contemporary praise and worship, led in a way that glorifies God and is Christ-focused. The candidate will possess an adaptable skillset and leadership capabilities, which will enable the worship ministry to grow with us and develop special worship events on campus and in our community. The ideal candidate will also have a ministry degree, be ordained, have teaching or preaching skills, social media and website skills, A/V expertise, experience using Pro Presenter software, and be knowledgeable in technology and worship software programs. Experience in designing graphics is a plus. The primary goal of this position is not performance, but providing an environment that draws the entire congregation into worship. This is a full-time position and being available as such, is required.
• Must be a born-again believer, called and gifted in music ministry
• Must be able to share your faith in the spirit of 1 Peter 3:15
• Must have a college education with formal music education beyond the high school level
• Must be able to read music
• Must have strong people and organization skills
• Must have a quality singing voice
• Proficient in at least one instrument; preferably the piano or guitar
• Competent and comfortable with both traditional and contemporary styles of worship
• Must endorse the current Baptist Faith and Message
• Must have at least three years of worship leadership experience
• Must be competent in media ministry and technology
• Must be able to submit to the spiritual authority of the Senior Pastor
• Planning and leading worship in all regular and special services.
• Being present for weekly staff meetings.
• Direct the planning, coordinating, conducting, and evaluating of a comprehensive worship program.
• Schedule and practice with the Praise Team, Band, and Media Team.
• Schedule soloists, ensembles, choirs, instrumentalists, and media for special services.
• Developing and promoting special programs for such times as Easter, Christmas, and other special occasions.
• Recruit and develop vocalists, instrumentalists, and media personnel to serve in worship.
• Maintain a system of record-keeping and inventory of musical and technical resources; maintaining a music library, as well as materials, supplies, instruments, and equipment relevant to the music and media ministry, oversee the proper care and replacement of music and multi-media equipment, recommend and properly submit budget requests and expenditures, and abide by all church policies and procedures.
• Coordinate music and media for weddings, funerals, special projects/ministries, and other church-related events as requested.
• Prepare the media for each Sunday Morning Worship service or make sure it is not only ready, but of the highest quality.
• Lead, train and oversee the IT/Media teams to create an evangelistically, effective presence for our church on the web and on social media.
• Make arrangements when unable to perform his duties.
• Be available to the Senior Pastor for other opportunities of ministering to the needs of the Church Body.
• This position will also include other pastoral duties like visitation and requires great flexibility in one’s schedule.
Please send your résumé, including professional references that we may contact, along with a DVD, or working links of a worship service (or services) you have led, and any other information you think would be helpful in our search to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Search Chair