BRYANT STREET BAPTIST CHURCH
Title: Worship Minister
Hours: Part-time, but must at a minimum attend church services on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening, and hold choir/worship team practice at least weekly.
Compensation: $20,000-$29,000 annually
Job Description, generally:
1. Under the direction of and in close cooperation with the Body of Elders and Pastors.
2. Is responsible for the praise and worship components of regular church services.
3. Weekly coordinate all musical selections with the Senior Pastor to ensure the congregation is properly prepared to receive the Holy Spirit’s message.
4. Lead the church choir or worship team, or both, in regular church services, including rehearsals for the presentation of special music and in support of congregations singing.
5. Lead the congregation during regular church services in musical praise and worship.
1. Lead the congregation verbally (including greetings, prayers, transitions, and singing) assisting people praise and connect with God authentically through worship.
2. Preparing music in advance of rehearsals, keeping music organized, and continually seeking out new songs for the service as well as using traditional songs creatively to achieve a varied, thoughtful, creative, uplifting time of worship and praise.
3. Coordinating with the pastor as necessary, and communicating to the worship team.
4. Establish, develop, and oversee volunteer worship teams including directing and developing the praise team, including leading the group through all songs during worship service, conducting rehearsals, and coordinating musicians and singers for each week.
5. Oversee the sound and visual teams to ensure that all Sunday morning elements are working together.
6. Oversee weekly prayer, devotional, and rehearsals with the worship teams.
1. Must be a born again Christian and agree without reservations to the SBC The Baptist Faith and Message (www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp)
2. Must meet a Biblical qualification of a leader in the local church as found in Timothy 3:8–13.
3. Personal character that represents and demonstrates Christ-like traits.
4. Past experience in a worship team.
5. A skilled musician with training and experience leading worship.
6. Skilled at leading vocally and with instrument, preferring keyboard or guitar.
7. Ability to work with a variety of skill levels of volunteers to create worship and praise excellence with graciousness.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with at least a minor in a music related field.
2. If married, a supportive and involved family
3. At least 2 years of leadership involvement in worship ministries
4. A big desire to learn and grow.
5. Seminary students with music giftedness is encouraged.
Submit Resume, video footage of yourself in worship team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any documents, videos, or audio files should be uploaded to a google account and shared with the above email address. You should receive an acknowledgment within a few days via email.