Oversee the Music Ministry by:
1) developing a Christ-centered, congregationally involved worship service each Sunday
2) recruit and develop volunteers to serve on the worship team by singing, playing instruments, or audio/visual
3) collaborate with the Elders to develope other worship and prayer times for the congregation.
Our MISSION: “Impact the World by Multiplying Disciples for God's Glory!”
Our METHOD: “Establish relational environments for disciples to...
- KNOW God intimately (Phil 3:10)
- GROW Together interactively (Eph. 4:15-16)
- GO Everywhere intentionally (Mark 16:15)
Christ-centered Homes - Personal & family spiritual growth
Celebration Worship - Weekly corporate gathering
Community Groups - Growth Groups and Ministry Teams
Covenant Groups - D-Groups and 7 Habits Classes
At Crossroads Church we place a high value on congregational involvement in worship. A Director of Music Ministry will work with the Lead Pastor and staff to fulfill the vision of the church.
* An ever-growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
* A growing, mature, Christian male who meets the biblical qualifications for a pastor/elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
* Able to clearly communicate and articulate the Gospel.
* Passion to engage a congregation of all ages in Christ-centered worship of song and scripture.
* Desire to disciple others in their faith and spiritual gifts
* Agree with and help fulfill the church’s vision, mission, purpose, pathway, process, doctrines, and beliefs.
* Able to work as a team player with all members of the elders, deacons, staff, volunteers, and congregation.
* Have experience or a strong willingness in leading worship in an intergenerational church, creating intentional ways to worship together.
• Have experience or a strong willingness in leading traditional and modern hymns, blended with theologically rich congregational songs (Getty, Townend, Baptist Hymnal, Sovereign Grace, Sojourn Music).
• Have experience or a strong willingness in leading worship band practice and ensemble of singers.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Pastor working in conjunction with the Elders.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Become a covenant member of Crossroads.
* Attend corporate worship services.
* Participate in an Adult Community Group.
* Put in a minimum of 10 hours a week in planning, developing, rehearsing, and leading music ministry and church-wide involvement.
* Meet with the Lead Pastor each week to design each Sunday worship service.
* Keep clear and consistent communication with Lead Pastor.
* Recruit and develop ministry volunteers
* Hold a weekly rehearsal
* Help prepare budget, track & report expenses for the ministry areas of responsibility.
* Communicate verbally, digitally, and in print with leadership, volunteers, and congregation on a regular basis with reminders, notes of appreciation, announcements, and encouragement.
* Pastorally care for worship volunteers.