Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church
Purpose: This position will be a full-time position that will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of student ministries (children, youth and college).
Qualifications: The Student Pastor must have a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus, love working with and ministering to students, have a pastoral heart and desire to see the students grow in their relationship with Christ.
STAFF RELATIONSHIPS AND PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS:
• The Student Pastor will be responsible to the Pastor for the work with students, from grade 6 to college. He will work closely with other members of the church staff to achieve the objectives of the church and will personally support the total church program.
• The Student Pastor will promote the spiritual growth and development of the students of the church through programs and activities and through personal witness, counsel, and guidance.
• The Student Pastor will assist the Pastor in visiting and ministering to hospitalized and shut-in members and actively participate in the church’s outreach program.
• The Student Pastor will be responsible for ministering to the needs of students and their parents. Be available to students for counseling and guidance.
• The Student Pastor will represent the church by being involved in the public schools and in community activities relating to students.
• The Student Pastor will have general oversight of the Children’s Ministry
• The Student Pastor will be asked to assist the Pastor in the planning and development of the Small Group/Educational System of the church.
SPECIFIC YOUTH DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Faithfully teach God's infallible word. Seek to help students develop a strong daily relationship with Jesus Christ by emphasizing spiritual disciplines of daily Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, service, and witnessing
• Lead students and families to regular participation in corporate worship with the whole church body
• Oversee weekly Ministry ministry meetings including but not limited to: Small Groups, Student Activities, and Mid-Week Student Worship Service
• Lead Student Ministry Team in planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing student ministry programs and activities
• Arrange for a variety of age-appropriate activities, both at the church and outside the church, that will attract many different students to the church and hold their interest – It is encouraged that there be a minimum of one student activity a month during the school year and once a week during the summer.
• Enlist and train an effective volunteer ministry team
• Work with the student ministry team to achieve the collectively articulated goals of the ministry
• Prepare and submit an annual budget request for all areas of assigned responsibility
• Involve students in missions, evangelism and community outreach
• Promote student ministry to the church and community utilizing the church bulletin, social media, church website, and other means
• Communicate regularly with Pastor to ensure discipleship strategy is coordinated
• Lead and attend summer camps (children and youth) as well as youth mission trips.
• Periodically evaluate the student ministry and recommend improvements
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
SPECIFIC CHILDRENS DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Children’s ministry responsibilities will be largely administrative.
• Organize and lead the teams that carry out our major community outreach events – Vacation Bible School, Eggstravaganza (Easter), Trunk or Treat, etc.
• Organize midweek programming – including the assigning of teachers and curriculum selection.
• Help students successfully transition from the children’s department to the student ministry.
Listen to the Holy Spirit!
Love Lost People!
Love the His Church!
• Must be a born-again Christian
• Meet the 1st Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leadership
• Commit to the church doctrines and beliefs clearly defined in scripture and expressed in the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
• Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling students
• Commitment to Accountability
• Strong teacher with a love for the Word of God
• Relational style of leadership and ministry
• Able to work without direct supervision
• General availability to Pastor, parents and student ministry volunteers
• College Degree (Seminary Preferred or pursuing)