1st L.G (First Baptist Church of Locust Grove, GA) is seeking a full-time Student Minister.
1st L G is a church about 45 minutes south of Atlanta in one of the fastest-growing counties in Georgia. We are committed to reaching our rapidly growing community in relevant ways. We are a Biblically conservative church that is determined to be current, innovative, and effective in order to connect with people who don’t know Jesus yet and help them become passionate followers of Jesus!
We are looking for an outgoing, fun-loving Student Minister to join our team and help us as we develop our students and impact the youth in our community for Jesus.
We believe there is great potential for creativity and growth and a rewarding opportunity for someone who desires to embrace a challenge and be innovative in creating a Biblically engaging environment that leads students toward Jesus.
• Are you intrigued by the opportunity to create a Biblical, fresh, innovative student ministry?
• Can you lead and grow our student ministry to the next level?
• Are you interested in bringing excellence in all aspects related to creating a comprehensive student ministry?
• Are you a flexible risk-taker who desires to work alongside a passionate pastor and joyful staff as you fulfill the
Great Commission in a growing community?
• Do you have a passion to elevate the Lord and draw students to the feet of Jesus?
If you are excited about reaching students who don’t know Jesus and helping them become passionate followers of Jesus, this might be the place for you!
While working in conjunction with the Lead Pastor, the Student Minister is responsible for leading, developing, and executing an overarching student ministry that glorifies the Lord and connects with the students in the community. The Student Minister reports directly to the Lead Pastor, coordinates with him, and fully supports the Lead Pastor’s vision. The ultimate goal of glorifying Jesus through the Student Ministry is to support the mission of our church, which is to connect with people where they are and help them become passionate followers of Jesus.
• Nurture your personal growing relationship with Jesus
• Develop relationships with the students in our church
• Intentionally invest and invite lost students so they can come to know Jesus
• Establish and implement Student Ministry vision in coordination with the Lead Pastor
• Direct and be responsible for the planning, organizing, promoting, evaluating, and continuing growth of a
comprehensive Student Ministry (6th – 12th grade).
• Build the necessary teams to carry out the Student Ministry of 1st LG
• Lead the various teams that make up the Student Ministry (i.e. Life Groups, Social Media, Worship Team, Audio
Team, Video Team, etc.) and raise up new leaders and team members
• Attend and participate in staff meetings.
• Attend and participate in a Life Group.
• Assist in pastoral duties such as visits, personal/family counseling, etc. and serve as directed by the Lead
• Love Jesus and His Word
• Have a passion and clear calling to serve as a Student Minister
• Love reaching the unchurched
• Able to teach the Scriptures in a manner that is culturally relevant to students and leads them to Jesus
• Believe that students are vital to all aspects of the church and are of catalyst for leading the community to
• Culturally aware, media connected, and technologically proficient.
• Have a high commitment to the local church
• Meet the Biblical qualification of an Elder
• Biblically grounded, theologically conservative, and methodologically innovative
• A team player and team builder
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Continually growing leader
• Positive attitude
• A self-starter and hard worker
• Strive for excellence
• Has a degree in a related field, is working toward a degree in a related field, and has prior experience in
• Is engaged/married and has not been divorced
How to apply:
To be considered for this ministry position, please send a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com.
Answer the following 3 questions in your cover letter:
1) Why are you interested in this position?
2) Why do you feel comfortable relocating to Locust Grove, GA.?
3) What about you makes you think you are a good fit for this position?
Also, YOU MUST include recent videos (or links) of you leading at least two teaching sessions. Video taken with a quality phone is acceptable as long as your voice and presentation are clearly seen and heard. PLEASE DO NOT SEND A RESUME WITHOUT A VIDEO.
Links to ALL social media is required (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube channel).