Country & Town Baptist Church in Mechanicsburg, PA, is prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor with the qualities of a Godly shepherd and spiritual leader; one who will mentor our four staff pastors, preschool director, administrative personnel and the lay leadership. This individual will be Christ-centered and biblically sound. He will guide the church in discovering and embracing God’s will and vision; excelling at communication and team building to advance the mission of the church. Applicants must have at least 3 years Senior Pastor experience with oversight of 2 or more full-time pastoral staff. Education requirements include an MDiv (doctorate preferred) from an accredited Baptist seminary (Southern Baptist preferred). After prayerful consideration, if the Lord is leading you to apply, please submit a resumé and cover letter on or before February 1, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Mechanicsburg, PA:
Mechanicsburg is part of the Greater Harrisburg Area, the 44th ranked metro area in the nation and highest-ranked metro area in the Commonwealth according to US News and World Report. The area boasts one of the country's most affordable housing markets and a cost of living below the national average. A rapidly growing community, there are currently four new residential developments under construction in the 17055-zip code where C&T is located, as well as several new business developments adjacent to the church.
C&T is a Southern Baptist Church, has a strong commitment to missions and supports the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. We have an average combined Sunday morning attendance of 240 for our traditional and contemporary services.
Loving God, Growing in Faith, Sharing Christ and Serving Others.
Our Core Values:
• Christ-Honoring: Bible-based preaching & teaching. Worshipping with our whole being.
• Eternal Focus: Kingdom-focused, missional living.
• Integrity: Fully committed to God and one another. Seeking to be our best for God.
• Relationship: Unconditional love and compassion in all our relationships.
• Unity: Respect and compassion for all in the Body of Christ.
C&T Ministry Design Includes:
• Small Groups
• Missional Living
• Family Ministry
• Administrative Support
• Ministry Beyond the Church Campus through
o Community Block Party Team
o Q Group Connections
o Early Childhood Center
o Mission Churches or New Church Plants
The following full-time positions report to the Senior Pastor:
• Worship and Arts Pastor
• Family Ministry Pastor
• Missional Pastor
• Youth Pastor
• Director of the Early Childhood Center
Early Childhood Center (ECC):
The ECC is a profitable, self-funded preschool mission with approximately 25-35 part-time daily staff. The summer session averages 75-90 students and the spring and the fall sessions average 95-105 students. The Director is responsible for the entire operation of the school.
We Expect Our Senior Pastor to Be:
• A man of God who maintains a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior through prayer, confession,
Bible study, and obedience to the will and mission of God.
• A spiritual leader who lives a life of integrity and seeks to reflect the character of Christ.
• A faithful student of the Word of God who presents Bible-based sermons and lessons that edify, challenge, and encourage the Body, and promote the passionate worship of God.
• An equipping pastor who leads the Body to discover and use our spiritual gifts for ministry.
• A Shepherd of the Flock who guides, nurtures, counsels, comforts, feeds and protects even as Christ has set the example.
• A visionary leader, who casts and interprets God’s vision for our church.
• A proven and able administrator who provides guidance to the church staff, ministries and committees, and oversees the church’s business.
• Models a life passionate for Jesus Christ.
• Demonstrates a deep love for people and models discipleship by teaching and leading.
• Builds relationships that support and sustain the work of the church.
• Leads vision casting efforts bathed in prayer to chart short-and-long-term plans and objectives.
• Models behavior of a peacemaker and develops members who resolve conflicts.
• Exhorts members to action, reaches the lost, and ministers to the Body as a whole.
• Encourages involvement of every church member in missions and outreach.
Both a Traditional Service and a Contemporary Service are conducted every Sunday morning (9:00 and 10:30) with life groups meeting during both hours.