Due to the retirement of the current pastor, Philadelphia is seeking a new shepherd.
Philadelphia Baptist Church of Smiths Station is located in Lee County, AL, home of Auburn University, and a bedroom community to Columbus, GA. Opportunities for growth are excellent. Philadelphia is seeking a full time pastor who understands and demonstrates the work of the church.
The Pastor is responsible to the Church for providing administrative and spiritual leadership for the congregation and the Church Staff; for leading the organizations, and the Church Staff to perform their assigned tasks; and for using his skills in proclamation and Pastoral care in meeting the needs of persons in the Church and community.
1. Serve as spiritual leader and overseer of the congregation.
2. Provide administrative leadership for the total church ministry.
3. Serve as chairman of the Church Leadership Team/Church Council, or delegate and share the leadership with other staff members as he may, from time to time, designate.
4. Proclaim the Gospel and lead the Church in proclaiming the Gospel to the Church and community.
5. Lead the staff and the Church in caring ministry for persons in the Church and the community.
6. Lead or delegate the leadership of the congregational services. Plan, coordinate and evaluate congregational services.
7. Preach at all worship services that include preaching or arrange for someone else to perform this function.
8. Serve as moderator of the Church.
9. Recommend and advise on the selection of all staff members. Recommend and advise in determining their duties.
10. Give supervision to other members of the Church Staff according to the staff organization set forth in the Church Organizational Chart.
11. Plan for and provide leadership in the observance of the Church ordinances.
12. Conduct funeral services and wedding ceremonies as feasible, sharing and delegating to others on the staff responsibilities in this area.
13. Appoint committees and/or ministry teams as set forth in the Bylaws and other such special committees or task forces as the Church may request of the (Senior) Pastor may deem advisable from time to time.
14.Counsel with and assist in training Deacons for their responsibilities.
15.Perform other duties as assigned by the Church.
A Southern Baptist who agrees with and ascribes to the Baptist faith and message of 2000.
Licensed and ordained as a minister of the Gospel by a Southern Baptist Church.
Possesses a graduate level education from an accredited theological seminary recognizable by the Southern Baptist Convention.
Minimum of 3 years experience as pastor or other leadership position is preferred.