• Create and contribute to Worship that is blended in nature and familial in tone.
• Conduct regular Bible study for the church body and provide Pastoral Care and Counseling to members and any who would come into contact with our congregation
• Prioritize understanding the unique needs of various family structures and create an environment that is welcoming to all ages and backgrounds
• Identify and motivate leaders within the congregation to become disciple-makers
• Lead our Church Council with an emphasis on developing a church communication plan for the congregation to be made aware of events and opportunities
• Develop a strategic plan for discipleship with ministry staff and Deacons.
• Liaison with the Yates Baptist Association, Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, and local mission organizations to connect and engage the congregation with missional opportunities.
• Seek community partnerships and opportunities for the church to pursue outreach to our nearby neighbors and families
• Establish and take part in visitation ministry to inactive members and prospects
• Supervise the ministry staff
• Serve as representative for the congregation to local, state, and national organizations
Ordained. Seminary degree and ministry experience preferred.