FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF NICEVILLE
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
1. Purpose: The purpose of the Children’s Ministry Director position is to support the Senior Pastor in carrying out the vision of FBCN. The Children’s Ministry Director is expected to:
a. Develop relationships with children and parents/guardians.
b. Provide an environment where children grow spiritually.
c. Maintain a well-balanced program that integrates the ministries necessary to lead children to Christ and to create environments where they will grow spiritually: worshipping/loving God, serving Him and others, and sharing Jesus.
2. Accountability: The Children’s Ministry Director will be accountable to the Next Generations Pastor, will work collaboratively with other pastors, staff members, and lay people in coordinating the Children’s Ministry. The Director’s performance will be evaluated at least annually.
a. Demonstrate a mature, growing, and vibrant relationship with Jesus (not a new believer), and sense a call from the Lord to work with children and families.
b. Love children and possess a passion for helping children grow in their faith.
c. Possess strong relational skills and an inviting personality
d. Exhibit a history of professionalism, self-discipline, teamwork, good communication skills, leadership, organization, creativity, and self-motivation.
e. Maintain a high moral and ethical lifestyle with integrity that exhibits appropriate relationship boundaries at all times.
f. Bachelor’s degree required, ministry or elementary education focus is preferred. Experience or education may include, but not limited to ministry, training seminars/conferences, college degree/course, teaching experience, volunteer/paid children’s positions, etc.
g. Agree with the doctrinal statement of the Southern Baptist Convention as defined by the Baptist Faith and Message (2000 edition).
4. Personal Responsibilities:
a. Above all, grow closer to Jesus Christ. Through a daily quiet time with the Lord, seek to keep Jesus Christ as the priority of your life, realizing that prayer, Bible study and Christian fellowship are essential to growing in God’s will each day.
b. Keep family in the right position of priorities and see that they come before everything except your personal relationship with the Lord, even before the work of the church. In order to do this, one day a week spent with family away from the church and related activities is a necessity.
c. Regularly attend church services and participate in church activities.
d. Practice tithing (as the minimum standard of Christian giving), keep personal financial obligations current, and show healthy financial stewardship.
e. Support the Senior Pastor and all other church staff. This will call for flexibility and a spirit of teamwork.
5. Ministry Role:
a. Through prayer, guidance of the Holy Spirit and in cooperation with Families Pastor, oversee all aspects of Children’s Ministry, birth through 5th grade
b. In coordination with the Next Generations Pastor:
(1) Define and communicate Children’s Ministry goals in accordance with FBCN’s vision.
(2) Direct the selection, implementation, and evaluation of all curriculum materials.
(3) Develop a Ministry Plan and Budget for the Children’s Ministry each year as requested. Review budget and ministry plan quarterly with Families (or Next Generation) Pastor.
c. Be a highly visible teaching presence, provide direction and leadership, and have a “high touch” ministry in all aspects of Children’s Ministry (Sunday School, AWANA, RAs, GAs, Choirs, MOPS, etc.)
d. Cultivate a culture of dynamic, Christ-honoring, disciple-making:
(1) Connect children with God through the teaching of His Word.
(2) Create learning environments and ministries for children and families to learn, grow, and serve.
(3) Promote, plan, and carry out special events, activities, and serving/missions opportunities throughout the year.
e. Equip parents to disciple their children at home and in everyday life. Help parents start spiritual conversations with their children.
f. Lead recruitment, training, and appreciation of volunteers serving in Children’s Ministry. Keeping open communication in planning and directing.
g. Participate in visitation and pastoral care, especially in the Children’s Ministry area.
h. Be active in our local community. Discover opportunities for children and families to serve the community. Develop and implement a strategy for outreach/ministry in the community.
i. Provide publicity in church and community for Children’s Ministry through social media, e-mail, FBCN website, publication, church displays, church bulletin, preservice slides, etc.
j. Be a resource and connection between Children’s Ministry and: BEE School, MOPS, local church and Christian leaders, local elementary schools, and other children entities within the community.
k. Administer and provide oversight of the church Child Abuse Prevention Policy in coordination with the Families Pastor and the BEE School Director.
l. Comply with the various documents relating to church operations, including the Constitution and By-Laws, Church Handbook, Child Abuse Prevention, and Personnel Policy and Procedures.
m. Meet at least weekly with Pastoral and/or Support Staff for planning, praying, and ministry development, as well as other planning times deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor, Next Generations Pastor and/or staff.
n. Perform other related duties and accept any assignment given by the Senior Pastor or Next Generations Pastor.