Primary Job Focus:
• Preach the gospel and make disciples specifically among the youth in Columbus, TX and the surrounding area.
o Lead, coordinate, and direct all youth ministry activities in a church with approximately 350 members and 50 students involved in the youth ministry.
o Lead while working alongside Volunteer Youth Leaders to plan activities, implement, and evaluate a robust, balanced youth ministry program to include:
- Sunday School
- Sunday Evening Youth Group
- Wednesday Evening Youth Group
- Summer Camp
o Develop and maintain an outreach program to bring the gospel to local youth.
o Develop a youth strategy that will allow youth to exercise their God given gifts for the edifying of the entire body of Christ.
o Prepare and administer the annual youth budget.
Secondary Job Focus:
• Visit people as assigned by Senior Pastor.
• Assist Senior Pastor in various duties such as visiting the sick, nursing homes, jails.
• Be a disciple of Christ Jesus.
• Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
• Submit to the Holy Spirit daily. Humble & self-controlled demonstrating the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
• Passion for spreading the gospel and making disciples among teenagers by working with youth and families from different ethnic backgrounds.
• Commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
• Has a teachable spirit and a lifelong commitment to learning.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
• Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook.
• Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
• Requires passing criminal, financial, and sexual misconduct background check.
• Be licensed or ordained, or be willing and eligible to be licensed or ordained within six months of start date.
• Sign a statement affirming the inerrancy of the Bible and the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message.
• Live in Columbus, TX or within 10 miles of Columbus city limits.