The Worship Pastor’s main focus will be to encourage the entire family of faith at Community Heights Church in a lifestyle of worship. The Worship Pastor will lead and facilitate all areas of worship. Our main style of worship music is contemporary, but it can probably be better described as “blended”.
This position also includes pastoral duties such as preaching on occasion, visitation and care duties as needed, leadership development, and administrative duties.
• 35-40 hours per week
• Engage in teambuilding in order to help accomplish the overall mission of the church.
• Be familiar with or learn technical aspects of worship. (sound, lights, media, staging).
• Create an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, where people can encounter God.
• Song selection that corresponds with weekly sermons.
• Be able to lead our church with blended/various worship styles.
• Schedule weekly practices with all members of praise team.
• Ensure practices are conducted efficiently and effectively, beginning and ending on time.
• Ability to clearly layout expectations for members of the praise team.
• Attract talented individuals to be used in the praise team.
• Arrive at church by 8:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings to make sure everything is ready.
• Provide estimated figures for consideration for the annual budget.
• Work with Communications Director, Production Director, and Lead Pastor as needed.
• Preach as needed as a member of the teaching team.
• Be involved in our discipleship planning and processes.
• Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
• An unbridled passion to lead God’s people in worship.
• Commitment to moral purity.
• Ability to preach and “rightly handle the word of truth”.
• Commitment to the mission and vision of Community Heights Church.
• Punctuality in completing assigned tasks.
• Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills.
• An engaging and gracious personality.
• Able to learn new technology or programs as they develop.
• Must be ordained or willing to go through an ordination process.
• And I know this is a given, but you must either be able to sing well or play a musical instrument well.
***Please send letter of interest, resume, and preferably a video or link of you leading worship, and preaching a sermon if applicable, to email@example.com **