Responsible for providing Christian and professional leadership and development of youth in our community (grades 7-12).
Lead, teach, and organize youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, Biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
Seek to integrate the youth and their involvement in all phases of church life.
Attend, support, or promote community events that will enhance the spiritual growth of the youth.
Develop a dynamic outreach ministry that will engage the youth from withing the church and outside the church.
Recruit train and shepherd volunteer staff.
Provide follow up, counseling, and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
Maintain contact with children, students, and parents - keep them informed of ongoing activities.
Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
Organized and give leadership to the recreational ministry of our church. This includes Upward Flag Football and Cheerleading, Upward Basketball and other activities to reach our community.
Work with Missions Pastor to plan youth mission opportunities locally and beyond.
Be accountable to the Pastor.
Be open to additional duties, as needed, and as assigned by the Pastor.
• Believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
• Preferred college, university or an accredited Southern Baptist Seminary graduate (though all resumes will be considered).
• Must agree with the Southern Baptist doctrinal stance as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
• Must support the work of the association, state convention, and Southern Baptist Convention.
• Ability to work well with people and have good communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidences and confidential information.
• Have demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
• Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive self-starter with a positive attitude.
• Maintain a professional appearance representing Christ and Sky View Missionary Baptist Church well in the community.
• Must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug screening.