1. Plan and conduct the worship services: prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
2. Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
3. Visit members and prospects.
4. Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals.
5. Work with deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities, train and lead the deacons in ministry.
6. Cooperate with association, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development; represent the church in civic matters.
7. Be a servant leader. The senior pastor is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies becoming a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The senior pastor will demonstrate a servant spirit as a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
See “Job Description”
Mitch Major, Search Committee Chair