Self-motivated, biblically driven, gospel centered Student Pastor. Building a lasting student ministry that reaches 6th-12th grade students with the gospel and develops them into mature followers of Christ. And has a strong desire to see unchurched youth respond to the gospel and assembled into the church and disciple those who have professed faith in Christ.
• Develop and implement weekly opportunities for middle and high school students to hear and apply the Word of God to their lives.
• Participate in the lives of the students on a weekly basis: visiting schools, sporting events, small groups, etc.
• Spend time weekly in the community engaging youth not active in church, developing relationships, sharing the gospel, and implementing Bible studies.
• Develop, oversee, and lead local outreach opportunities for students, as well as national and international student mission trips.
• Develop and implement a strategy to move students from attenders to members who are actively involved at FBC.
• Engage and support parents by hosting seminars on relevant topics in regards to the lives of the students.
• Communicate regularly with youth and parents, pastor, and church office regarding upcoming events and activities. Maintain social media presence.
• Develop an annual ministry calendar for the student ministry.
• Develop and maintain an annual budget for the student ministry.
• Shepherd, lead, disciple, train, and empower volunteers to assist in ministering to students.
• Uphold FBC Child Protection Policy.
• Attend and participate in all appropriate staff and team meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor including visiting church members in the hospital, care facilities, and homes as needed, and participating in worship services.
• Born again baptized believer
• Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in work environment as well as in home/family setting.
• Must be in agreement with FBC Statement of Faith (2000 Baptist faith and Message), doctrinal positions, mission, and core values.
• Gospel centered: Must have a firm understanding of the gospel and the requirements of eternal life along with the desire and ability to share the gospel with students.
• Biblically driven: Must possess a deep understanding of Scripture and have the ability to teach and apply biblical truth in both large and small group settings.
• Ethical: Must maintain integrity beyond reproach through a high moral and ethical lifestyle. Must be wise in all interactions with students, avoiding even the appearance of impropriety.
• Must possess a passion for biblical discipleship and have the ability to assist students as they grow in their knowledge of the Lord and live a life that pleases Him, equipping them to minister to others.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and team player. Must see youth ministry as part of the church and not a separate entity.
• Member of a like-minded local church with good standing.
• Willingness to live and participate in the life of our community.
• Biblical knowledge and ability to teach and apply Scripture to life will take precedence over experience or education.
• Willingness to submit to a background check.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume, three references, and answers to the following 10 questions to: email@example.com.
1. How did you become a Christian?
2. What is the gospel and how is someone saved?
3. What is the purpose of the church?
4. Describe God’s Word and its importance in ministry.
5. What are your future ministry goals and objectives (5-10 yrs.)?
6. How do you cultivate a sense of biblical, godly community between youth and adults within the church?
7. What would you do to reach lost youth for Christ in our community?
8. Describe things you have implemented and/or ways you have helped students grow in their knowledge and walk with the Lord.
9. How do you teach/preach (expositional, topical)? What have you taught/preached on in the last two years?
10. Describe a time you had a conflict with a student or parent and how it was resolved.
504 W Wall Street
Harrisonville, MO 64701