GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK FOR THE STUDENT MINISTER/DIRECTOR:
Responsible for planning, directing, conducting, and administering a comprehensive youth ministry relevant to today’s youth, including, but not limited to, the spiritual, physical, social, and psychological development of youth; develop and maintain a scheduled program of spiritual guidance and education for youth that is consistent with the Southern Baptist faith and doctrine. In addition, they will supervise and suggest for the children’s ministry of the church. This position works under the general supervision of the Senior Pastor.
RELATIONSHIPS FOR THE STUDENT MINISTER/DIRECTOR:
1. The Student Minister/Director will be a part-time (15 hours per week average) ministerial staff member of Lea Bethel Baptist Church Inc. who will work cooperatively with the Senior Pastor, Leadership Team, Deacons, and other volunteer leaders of the church.
2. They will serve under the direction, supervision and guidance of the Senior Pastor.
3. They will assist and cooperate with the Personnel Committee for the purposes of conducting an annual evaluation.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE STUDENT MINISTER/DIRECTOR:
1. The Student Minister/Director will advocate for the needs of youth within broader church planning, programs, activities, service opportunities, missions, etc.
2. They will be responsible for resources, tools, equipment, and property entrusted to him.
3. They will attend as many as they are able to of church-wide activities/functions.
4. They will be as active and visible a member of the community as possible in order to develop relationships with the community.
5. They will evaluate and review the youth programs annually in consultation with the Youth Committee, Senior Pastor and Family Ministry Team Leader to ensure that the youth & children’s programs are effectively reaching youth, children, and their families for Christ.
6. They will do other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
TYPICAL WEEKLY TASKS FOR THE STUDENT MINISTER/DIRECTOR:
1. Develop and implement effective weekly youth centered programs and activities that promote discipleship and a Christ-centered life.
2. Encourage youth in to participate in the church’s worship services, Sunday School, prayer times, and Christian service opportunities and church sponsored events.
3. Develop, publish, and implement a calendar of monthly services and ministry activities that have been approved by the Senior Pastor and other leaders.
4. Foster, promote, and actively participate in the youth programs that provide spiritual growth and fellowship activities such as mission opportunities, camps, retreats, and community services.
5. Establish and maintain a regular contact with the youth in cooperation with the overall church outreach program. (Contact includes text, phone calls and other social media means of contact that are to be made known to the Senior Pastor)
6. Train youth in outreach, discipleship, and evangelism.
7. Counsel students and parents on issues relating to salvation, their overall spiritual life, social and family relationships, and life choices.
8. Be available to listen, love, and support Lea Bethel Baptist Church youth, and families.
9. Plan and oversee recreational and fellowship activities for youth. These are to include a D-Now weekend with a Youth Sunday, and a Summer Youth Camp.
10. Evaluate the youth program needs; develop and implement strategies to address identified needs in consultation with the Senior Pastor, Youth Committee, and Family Ministry Team Leader; e.g. space use, equipment, furnishings, policies and procedures, safety, materials, programs, curriculum, methods, etc.
11. Enlist and train adult volunteers to provide for the implementation of effective programs, Christian education, and discipleship of youth.
12. Ensure adequate adult chaperones are present for all youth events and activities.
13. To supervise the current RA, GA, and Mission Friends ministries for children, encouraging and training leaders and suggesting any new programs of ministry for this age group.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE STUDENT MINISTER/DIRECTOR:
1. To coordinate and conduct meetings with church volunteers and Senior Pastor, and to collaborate in long-range planning and evaluation of the youth ministry programs.
2. To perform basic computer operations; e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint/Keynote, etc. and maintain an electronic record-keeping system for the youth ministry programs and activities.
3. To develop and maintain a comprehensive calendar of planned activities and programs.
4. Work cooperatively with volunteers and Senior Pastor to carry out the youth programs.
5. Prepare and submit budget requests for ministry needs to the Family Ministry Team Leader.
6. Be responsible for expenditures, submission of receipts for expenditures, cash allowances and reconciliations in compliance with LBBC policy and procedure. Including bringing any contracts or commitments to the Senior Pastor before a signature is given committing Lea Bethel youth and/or church.
7. Serve as the Leader for the Youth Committee.
1. Have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and to have taken the step of believer’s baptism.
2. Confirm agreement with the Lea Bethel Baptist Church Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.
3. Whether married or unmarried, they will set a good example for others, have experience and a sincere passion to work with Youth/Children as well as to learn more about ministry through personal experiences and/or through formal education, while affirming God’s calling to serve in ministry.
4. Be readily accessible for ministerial responsibilities.
5. Pass Criminal Background check.
6. Become a member of Lea Bethel Baptist.