Collierville First Baptist Church (CFBC) is a kingdom-minded, family-focused, growing Southern Baptist Church with a well-established history of changing lives for Christ throughout the greater Memphis, Tennessee area and around the world. With a compelling vision and strong core values, CFBC is poised for an ongoing and exciting future full of hope for expanding Christ’s Kingdom.
CFBC is dedicated to connecting as many people as possible to Jesus Christ through opportunities in evangelism, discipleship, ministry, missions and worship.
The church is now seeking a Preschool Ministry Director to minister to young families.
The Preschool Director reports to the Executive Pastor and is responsible for:
• Developing a vision for equipping parents and workers in sharing the gospel with children in age-appropriate ways
• Planning, directing, and evaluating assigned ministries
• Supervising and coordinating special projects, such as but not limited to, camps, retreats, special events, worship services, etc.
• Enlisting and equipping qualified leaders and volunteers
• Supervising the preschool ministry team
• Giving oversight to the Weekday Early Education Ministry which meets twice a week during the school year
• Ensuring that all preschool workers (paid and volunteer) understand and adhere to the protection of children policy
• Utilizing relevant communication avenues to inform church and public
• Preparing and overseeing a budget
• Assisting in meeting the pastoral-care needs of the church
• Meeting regularly with the senior staff and ministerial staff for planning, evaluating and coordinating various church ministries
• Working in agreement with the mission statement and core values of the church
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor
The foremost requirement for this role is that of a Christ-centered life. The successful candidate will have a deep and growing relationship with God as evidenced by spending time with Him and in His word, observable fruit of the spirit, active involvement in the leadership of a church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy relationships with mature believers. A strong sense of calling must be evident.
In evaluating individuals for the position of Preschool Director, we will consider several key qualifications:
• Godly Character and a Christ-centered life
• A clear calling to work with preschoolers and their families
• Competency and experience in the preschool ministry
• Chemistry with other ministry team members
• Leadership skills (including the ability to recruit and develop others)
• Management ability (including budgeting and supervising)
• Creativity and innovative thinking about ministry to preschoolers and their parents
• A strong work ethic
• A commitment to excellence
Candidates for this position will have 3-5 years of experience as a Preschool Director of a mid-size church with multiple staff members and team-based ministry. They will be teachable and have a strong commitment to self and staff development.
This role will call for someone with substantive relational skills. This person must be a leader who can value people and relate well to people of all ages and levels of spiritual maturity.
A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Family Development is preferred. Knowledge of Scripture is a requirement for the wise, Biblically-based decisions that must be made in this position. Leading candidates will possess a biblical theology that is consistent with that of the Senior Pastor.