In partnership with parents, the Pastor of Students and Missions (PSM) will lead students in grades 6 through young adulthood to follow Jesus as their Savior, be baptized and become devoted disciples of Jesus. The PSM will build up Jesus’ Church by guiding students and their parents to be contributing members in all phases of church life. The PSM will seek to rescue souls by leading all member of First Baptist Church to embrace and participate in local, state, national and international missions. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of call and a passion for reaching students and young adults for Jesus.
• Develop, coordinate, direct and lead a well-balanced ministry to make students into devoted disciples of Jesus.
• Utilize the Middle School Minister (part time) to minister to Middle School Students (grades 6 – 8). Coordinate the Middle School and High School ministries in the manner to best guide the student’s development and effectively use all resources. Effectively disciple the Middle School Minister.
• Develop and organize Student Small Groups in cooperation with the Director of Family Ministries.
• Develop and organize events to strengthen Family’s abilities to disciple their Students in cooperation with the Director of Family Ministries.
• Develop, coordinate, direct and lead plans to involve Students in as many areas of service within First Baptist and the community as possible. Involve other Ministerial staff as needed.
• Partner with the Youth Committee to plan and implement the Ministry to Students. Meet regularly with the committee for planning, training and discipling. Consistently communicate Ministry plans to parents using written, electronic and social media methods.
• Develop, coordinate, direct and lead a ministry to guide the Church to embrace and participate in all areas of missions. Work closely with all Missions organizations within First Baptist Church to create a comprehensive and cohesive Missions ministry.
• Partner with the Missions Committee to plan and execute a Missions ministry. Meet regularly with the committee for planning, training and discipling.
• Be the liaison for the Church supported Cub Scout group actively seeking ways to evangelize and integrate Scouts in the life of First Baptist Church.
• Prepare and deliver sermons, Bible studies and special events in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
• Spend time daily in study and prayer for self-development. Attend conferences and seminars individually and with other staff for growth as an individual before the Lord and growth as a Ministerial team.
• Review plans for all areas of responsibility weekly with Senior Pastor.
• Perform all basic ministry functions which include but are not limited to attending all staff meetings and planning sessions, student visitation at schools and sporting events, hospital and nursing home visitation for all ages, visiting with members with other Church staff and members, participate in monthly Church Council meetings, attend youth and other camps as needed and serve as Staff Liaison for various committees as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Perform all necessary administrative functions which include but are not limited to keeping attendance records, creating an annual budget, handling Student fees according to Church Policy, expense reporting, ordering and delivering supplies, maintaining permission and health forms, and working with all Church staff including Ministerial, Professional and Contract employees.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
First Baptist Church is located in the Heart of Georgia, Gray, GA - Jones County. Over 100 years old, FBC Gray has a rich history of lives being changed through the gospel message. We are located in a bedroom community of Macon, GA. Our vision and goal is to "Grow People Who Glorify God".