TITLE: Ministry Assistant/Secretary: Part-time staff responsible for administering the tasks and functions of the church office in concert with the daily service practices of the ministerial staff.
Primary focus: To administrate the operations within the church office and maintain the services of bookkeeping, church calendar, answering of phone and e-mails, publications, and correspondence. Serves under the direct supervision of the Pastor and general supervision of the Personnel Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as the church office receptionist; screening and directing phone calls, appointments, and guests throughout the church.
• Receive, sign for, and sort daily church mail.
• Coordinates the FBC church events calendar, and keeps a record of administrative forms related to all events.
• Keeps ministerial staff, deacons, and others informed of crisis or ministry opportunities within the congregation and community (sickness, death, outreach, ect.).
• Maintains communication with the church clerk and treasurer, while keeping church files organized and saved to the office computer.
• Prepare, edit, and produce all church publications including a monthly newsletter, worship bulletins, social media post, and business meeting agenda. All publications must first be approved by the pastor.
• Edit and upload the weekly messages to the church website in a timely fashion.
• Send reminder emails to committee members concerning important dates, meeting, ect.
• Assists the ministerial staff in coordinating worship events, baptisms, and special presentations.
• Assists the church treasurer and finance team with all church budgets reports, weekly offering, and accountability.
• Coordinates and help administer ministerial staff daily appointment calendar with daily church office activities.
• Order office and church supplies.
• Record membership changes (Church Trac).
• Pick up money bag from bank each week.
• Prepare tithes/offerings report for finance committee and staff each week.
• Place weekly bulletins outside of the sanctuary entrance.
• Coordinate the purchase of gifts to be distributed for special events (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, VBS appreciation, ect.).
• Prepare and distribute visitor packets for guest to pick up on Sunday morning.
• Be an active member who fully participates in the life of the church.
• Responsible to maintain a positive and spirit-filled environment for the guest of the church.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality within and outside of the church walls. Ministerial staff should be able to confide and trust that sensitive information will not be disclosed.
• Should be a self-motivator looking for ways to serve within the ministry assistant position.
• Is a member of the church and participates fully in the life of the church.
• Provides needed information to others (administrative staff, pastors) in a timely manner.
• Responds quickly to communications (calls, texts, emails, etc.) .
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Should be familiar with secretarial work.
• Should have an adequate understanding of computer programs .
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Maintains a personal walk with God and a reputation that is ‘above reproach’ .
• Demonstrates planning and organization in all phases of work.
• Builds team within all groups.
• Assumes personal responsibility for key results.
• Displays flexibility as needed to assume any other occupational duty.
• Grows personally by observing others, learning new skills, and responding to constructive feedback.
• Willing to perform any and all other job duties as needed.
Interested applicants, please email resume to email@example.com