The Discipleship Pastor of FBC will serve an elder of the church and oversee the various ministries which deal primarily with the task of making disciples who make disciples. He will work in the day-to-day context with the Lead Elder in casting vision and implementing it through the equipping of ministry leaders within FBC. It is understood that while this person will have the direct oversight responsibility over these ministries, he will not be expected to accomplish these goals and tasks on his own. Rather, he is expected to discern how to best implement the vision and the mission of the church in these various areas with the assistance and support of the entire eldership, appropriate staff, and the lay leaders/volunteers of the congregation. As an elder he will also have numerous opportunities to teach and preach in various capacities as well as perform what other duties may be required of the eldership. He will report directly to the Lead Elder, but operate in mutual submission within the entire eldership.
1. Demonstrates godly character in all things, meeting the qualifications for eldership as defined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, as well as in the FBC By-Laws
2. Manages own household well as demonstrated in shepherding spouse and kids, if applicable, as well as in maintaining financial stewardship in the home
3. Proven ability to vision cast and equip leaders/volunteers to implement the vision
4. Works well within a team but also is self-motivated and can self-manage
5. Proven record of working with and in discipleship development
6. A Master’s degree from an accredited evangelical seminary