We are seeking a full-time pastor that shall have the following responsibilities:
* Serve as the primary teacher and leader of the church
* Proclaim the Word of God for the congregation
* Be responsible for articulating the vision and mission of the church, consistent with biblical teaching, and shall lead the staff and congregation to fulfill God's Great Commission
* Oversee the overall worship of the congregation
* Serve as the leader and supervisor of the staff
* Ensure that the day-to-day ministries of the church are conducted
* Work with the Deacon Chairman and directly with the Board of Deacons to maintain the health and faithfulness of the church
* Lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family
* Represent Christ and His Church well in the community at large
* Lead with integrity, courage and humility.
Pastoral Ministry Priorities:
* Prepare to Preach and Teach: 2 Timothy 2:15, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Timothy 4:2-5
The church seeks a pastor to teach, preach and exposit the entire canon of scripture, from Genesis to Revelation, with grace and truth, knowing that God has commanded such who preach His Word.
The candidate should be a visionary leader able to discern God's plan for Shady Grove Baptist Church, whose purpose is to promote the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the spread of divine truth at home and abroad.
He should cooperate with the Southern Baptist Convention and affirm the current Baptist Faith and Message and the infallibility of scripture.
*Pray: 1 Thessalonians 5:17, James 5:16, Ephesians 6:18-19
The pastor should be a man who seeks the Holy Spirit actively through prayer and Bible study.
*Personal spiritual growth and development: Matthew 6:33, 2 Timothy 2:15
He should have strong faith and be committed to personal spiritual growth, showing leadership in obedience to God's Word and demonstrating integrity in his personal and public life.
The candidate should model personal evangelism and discipleship.
*Pastoral Leadership: Ephesians 4:11-12, 1 Peter 5:2-3, Matthew 28:19-20
The pastor should lead the church with a passion for evangelism, missions, discipleship, and ultimately be responsible to God for the functioning, leadership, and vision of the church.
He should be committed to lead the congregation to fulfill the Great Commission by support of local and global missions.
He should desire the church to grow in every way, including membership growth, and he should pursue excellence in all areas.
He should also demonstrate leadership and compassion through visitation of the lost, the sick and shut-ins.
* Must exemplify a Godly character and have been called by God into the ministry
* Must meet the qualifications for a pastor found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:2-4
* Must be a licensed and ordained Southern Baptist minister
* Preferably have a minimum of three years ministry experience
* Preferably have a Seminary degree from an accredited institution with a demonstration of the value of education and lifelong learning
* Be willing to reside within reasonable proximity to the church
Contact: Prayerfully consider if the LORD is calling you to Shady Grove Baptist Church. If your prayers are confirmed, submit the following information to the Pastor Search Committee by email or by postal mail to the address listed below.
* Cover letter: introduce yourself as well as your interest in the position with a brief one to two paragraph letter.
* Resume': Provide your ministry experience, educational background, and contact information for at least three professional references.
* If possible, please include links to online sermons. Video sermons are preferred. If unavailable, include audio sermon links or mail a DVD to the contact address provided.
* Any offer of the pastor position will be contingent upon a successful background/financial check.
Shady Grove Baptist Church is a Christ-centered congregation that loves the Lord, one another and the needy world around us. We are a growing church that offers an exciting worship experience for all ages. The church is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has an average attendance of 134. Shady Grove is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, North Carolina Baptist Convention and Yadkin Baptist Association and holds to its convictions of the Bible, God's Holy Word. The church adheres to the current Baptist Faith and Message. We offer a full family experience, to include Awana, youth ministry, childrens' ministry, and WMU. We offer blended worship music, incorporating both hymnal and contemporary styles. Shady Grove is dedicated to the Great Commission through mission opportunities in cooperation with the North Carolina Baptists on Mission, Impact Yadkin, and Vacation Bible School. The church sponsors the Baptist Children's Home, local community ministries such as Yadkin Christian Ministries and Compassion Care, the Yadkin Baptist Association, the SBC Cooperative Program, and others.