The pastor is responsible for leading the church in functioning as a New Testament church within the Southern Baptist Convention. The pastor will lead the congregation, the organizations, and the church leadership team in performing their tasks. A major concern of the pastor is to perform pastoral responsibility. The pastor supervises Worship, Proclamation, Education, and Pastoral Ministry.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Pastor.
- Ability to work with a leadership team
- Outreach to the Community
- High School Graduate
- Preferred Seminary Degree from a Southern Baptist Institution
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong Inter-Personable skills
- Officiates weddings, funerals, Lords supper
- Give guidance and direction in accomplishing outreach efforts in the community to lead others to accept and follow Jesus Christ.
- Lead and develop discipleship ministry leaders to develop biblically sound teachers.
- Communicates clearly in English and Spanish
- Married (1 Timothy 3:2)
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS BASED ON THE UNIQUE IDENTITY/CULTURE OF OUR CHURCH:
- Create a healthy and harmonious environment with Deacons, leaders, and members.
- He represents a strong personal relationship with Christ.
- Models a strong relationship with his wife and/or children.
- Strives to fulfill his purpose in ministry.
- Must adhere and encompasses the qualities of the church constitution
- He participates at church functions when and as needed
- Ensures visitation occurs with individuals in hospitals, senior citizens, and those in need on a regular basis.
11715 W Jolly Rd
Lansing, MI 48911