Function of Position:
• Provides leadership to the overall youth and educational programs of the Church.
• Works with the Pastor and staff in preparation of bulletins, newsletters and other church publications.
• Participates in and/or supports all ministries of Calvary Baptist Church.
• Regularly participates in prospect and membership visitation, as well as hospital and other visitation as directed.
• Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
• Creates and executes a long-term vision for the Church’s youth ministry.
• Is gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, spends time with them, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
• Is an engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with the Church’s vision and doctrine.
• Is a self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents and staff.
• Lead, organize and promote effective youth and educational programs within the church.
• Work with the Nominating Committee to promote, enlist and train volunteer leaders to help with youth programs and activities.
• Determine the financial and physical resources and supplies needed for the youth and educational ministries and in coordination with the Pastor and Finance/Budget Committee, and recommend these needs to the Church. Provide oversight of approved budget resources throughout the year.
• Develop a program and a schedule to promote the youth ministry outside the Church, taking youth ministry into our schools and community as practical.
• Attend regularly scheduled worship services unless hindered by unexpected circumstances.
• Present quarterly ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the Senior Pastor, Personnel Committee, or church.
• Participate in a yearly job performance review.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Calvary Baptist Church is a conservative, traditional Southern Baptist Church. Individuals in leadership positions are expected to:
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Have been baptized in accordance with Baptist belief
• Believe that the Holy Bible is the inherent, infallible, inspired word of God
• Believe and fully support the Baptist Faith and Message
• Believe and fully support The Baptist Church Covenant
The Associate Pastor is directly responsible to the most senior minister and/or Personnel Committee, and ultimately to the congregation.