FBC Longwood is a well-established church on the I-4 corridor in Central Florida. Our current worship style is blended with the utilization of a choir, praise team, and special music. We are, above all other stylistic choices, committed to congregational participation in worship.
We have been served by all volunteer leadership for the last 3 years. Due to the increasing size of our church and the need to bring continuity to all aspects of our music ministry, we are seeking to call a full-time Associate Pastor of Worship Development to join our team.
The Associate Pastor of Worship Development will seek to fulfill the mission of FBCL by developing and executing biblical worship through music in support of corporate worship. The objective is multi-fold: to glorify God through musical worship, to fully engage the congregation in that musical worship, and to train and develop musical staff and volunteers for the purpose of supporting worship at FBCL and wherever else God might send them.
The Associate Pastor of Worship Development will offer support to the Senior Pastor in the fulfillment of the mission, and strategy of the church, submitting to the leadership direction and vision of the Senior Pastor, as well as the overall congregation. He will especially promote and implement the “Exalt-Embrace-Engage” strategy as it connects other aspects of our worship to corporate musical worship.
The mission of FBC Longwood is to glorify God by making disciples of all peoples, from every generation, in every household.
We seek to accomplish this mission through the following strategy:
We will equip Christians to exalt Christ by embracing the gospel and engaging in the mission of God here and around the world.
Objectives Connected to Exalting Christ (Glorify God)
1. Helping our church families connect to God through demonstrated excellence in corporate musical worship that communicates our glorification of God.
2. Providing opportunities for varying groups in the church to participate in the worship experience through vocal and instrumental training and equipping.
3. Equipping the people of FBCL to see their lives as daily offerings unto the Lord, making worship more than just a Sunday morning experience.
Objectives Connected to Embracing the Gospel (Making Disciples)
1. To see our church grow in competency for biblical music literacy and application, such that those staff and volunteers whom God may call may be able to spread the gospel outside of this church with their musical skills.
2. In the pastoral role, to shepherd our church families to treasure Christ above all things in all areas of life.
3. To form the music ministry to be a disciple-making ministry of FBCL, intentionally making disciples who will make disciples of others.
Objectives Connected to Engaging in the Mission (All Peoples, Every Generation, Every Household)
1. To see our church grow in competency for biblical music literacy, musical skill, and worship application, such that those staff and volunteers whom God may call may be able to spread the gospel outside of this church with their musical skills.
2. To strive toward simplicity and reproducibility in all we do so that we are ready to follow God in any direction he leads.
3. To train and equip our church families to engage their communities and their world as missionaries.
If you are interested in submitting your name for consideration for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and philosophy of ministry to: email@example.com.
1. Born-again and living out a vibrant, active, Christian faith.
2. Called specifically to vocational pastoral ministry.
3. Fulfills character traits of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
4. Fully affirms the BF&M 2000.
5. Degree (undergrad or graduate) in music or church music.
6. Appropriate theological and ministerial education and experience.