Purpose Summary: The position of Pastor of Students and Community Ministries is responsible for providing leadership in planning, conducting, and evaluating a Christ-centered ministry by specifically developing disciples among middle & high school students, guiding the children’s ministry and providing oversight to community engagement. This position will assist the Senior Pastor, Elders, staff and ministry leaders in fulfilling the mission of Capstone Church.
• Identify, enlist, train and deploy volunteers and ministry leaders.
• Establish consistent communication with students, parents and leaders.
• Oversee the budget and financial decisions for age-group and community ministries.
• Develop strategies, events and projects that engage and grow disciple-makers.
• Manages and/or provides oversight of administrative needs of Children, Student, and Community Ministries with support of each coordinator of these groups (i.e., budget, policies, procedures, and events calendars, etc.).
• Provide safe, challenging and nurturing environments for children and students, including shepherding, counseling, and care to students and their families.
• Participates in other Pastoral duties: participates and serves at weekend services in pastoral/counselor capacity; conducts hospital visits, funerals and weddings, as needed.
• Work on other duties and special projects as it relates to the position.
• Be the Lead Student Pastor by shepherding students and their families by developing disciples and disciple-makers.
• Develop and implement a Christ-centered discipleship strategy that helps students (6th through 12th grade) along with their parents to connect with Jesus and grow spiritually were Student Ministries are effectively reaching out and impacting their community, schools, and families.
• Develop and provide oversight to a strategy for identifying the specific needs of both middle school and high school students and how Student Ministries can best meet these needs.
• Recruit and develop a ministry team of effective volunteers that strives for excellence in student discipleship. This includes a significant level of leadership development.
• Develop intentional events designed to build community, reach new students, and develop students spiritually.
• Lead the teaching ministry as an effective teacher of biblical truth within the Student Ministries community.
• Help develop/facilitate a cohesive ministry pipeline from youth to young adult.
• Lead the Children’s Ministry Team to plan and execute ministry.
• Recruit and develop a ministry team of effective volunteers that strive for excellence in children’s discipleship.
• Develop and implement a Christ-centered discipleship strategy that helps children (K through Grade 5) along with their parents to connect with Jesus and grow spiritually.
• Champion fresh and new ideas to engage and train parents in avenues of family worship and discipleship.
• Plan and participate in regular and special events that involve children’s ministry.
• Develop and provide oversight to a strategy for identifying and meeting the specific needs of our community.
• Identify areas of need in the community and potential outreach connection points.
• Recruit and develop a community ministry team of effective volunteers to minister to the community
• Lead initiatives to reach out to our neighborhoods.
• Actively seek to be a bridge to the community for the church.
Capstone strives to be:
• A church that prays
• A church that is family
• A church that connects
• A church that is in the community, for the community
• A church united, made up of people of every nation, tribe and tongue
• A church joined, where people use their gifts, talents and resources to grow disciples and grow as disciples
• A church of missionaries, sent to the neighborhoods and the nations to share the Gospel
• A church that loves as Jesus loves, serves as Jesus serves, gives as Jesus gives
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Follower of Jesus Christ. Demonstrated strong, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer, Bible study, giving, disciple-making and worship attendance.
• Shares vision and mission of Capstone Church, including commitment to unity of the staff team and church.
• Previous experience in children’s, student or community church/ministry leadership (2-3 yrs).
• Commitment to ministry education/training (BS/BA, Masters preferred).
• Loves People. Desires to network and connect to reach people far from God and help them grow in their faith.
• Calling to pastor people, fulfill the character qualifications as taught in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. Ordained or be willing to be ordained as a Pastor.
• Servant’s heart for gospel-focused, family-based ministry with the goal of leading children, students, and parents toward spiritual maturity.
• Self-motivated, self-starter, decision maker, strategic thinker, strategic planner.
• History of developing volunteer leaders with the ability to manage, mobilize and motivate people.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to teach in a manner that is biblically sound and culturally relevant to small and large groups.
• Proven ability to organize, prioritize and manage.
• Ability to use email, social media and other technology to connect and promote ministry.
• Commitment to a healthy family life. If married, the spouse must be a believer and supportive of the ministry.
708 W Whitner St
Anderson, SC 29624