MINISTER OF MUSIC/WORSHIP LEADER
Open Bible Baptist Church
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
Job Type: Part-time (12-15 hours per week)
Salary: $600.00 to $800.00 / month
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Experience: Church Leadership, 1 year (Preferred); Musical Ministry, 3 years (Preferred)
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
This is a paid part-time / bi-vocational position.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Worship leader is responsible for developing and directing a diverse, vibrant, and innovative corporate worship culture for the Open Bible Baptist Church (OBBC) family. This Minister will help OBBC become a biblically functioning community by providing opportunities for transcendent encounters with God through worship. This Minister will also function as a primary staff member to lead and direct special ministry projects. The Minister of Music will report to the Senior Pastor.
Primary responsibilities include developing and directing an innovative, multi-lingual, and multi-cultured corporate worship for OBBC. This includes the planning and execution of weekly Sunday worship services, developing, directing and leading all audio/video aspects and volunteers, special praise events, and recruiting and training gifted musicians and singers to participate in the music and worship ministry for multiple genres and multiple cultures.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be spiritually growing with a consistent walk with Christ
• Be a gifted musician with strong music leadership skills
• Commitment to the OBBC family by joining our church and participation in our growth structure
• Possess the ability to work as part of a cohesive ministry team
• Understand our bilingual worship style (you do not have to be bilingual, but you must be able to find/utilize bilingual worship resources)
• Be an internally motivated self-starter who is detail oriented and who can manage multiple projects well.
• Strong, clear Christian testimony and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Sound Biblical doctrine and understanding of Scripture.
• Regular tither and cheerful giver of time and finances to Kingdom work.
• Strong prayer life.
• Servant leader’s heart.
• Love for God's people and for the lost.
Preferred Professional Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years’ Musical experience at a church.
• Experience planning, organizing and leading corporate worship services for a church.
Open Bible Baptist Church (OBBC) is a multi-cultured Southern Baptist Church located in the southeast portion of Colorado Springs, CO with a congregation of approximately 130 people. More details about OBBC can be found at openbiblecares.org/.
This job will require you to pass a background check: Yes
Overtime often available: No
Typical end time: 9 PM
Rev. Michael Johnson
Located in the southern central aspect of Colorado Springs, Open Bible Baptist Church is a diverse group of people, from various backgrounds, age groups and different nationalities who believe God loves all people. It's an authentic place where you can come just as you are, with no pretenses and learn about God's life changing message of love. We open our doors to everyone, as we open our bibles to learn about this truth. You are always welcome at Open Bible and we would love for you to come and visit with us!