The Minister of Youth seeks to provide a well–balanced program for youth that will seek to win the lost to Christ and to help those who are Christians to mature in Christ and discover their personal gifts and abilities with which God has blessed them. The one word that describes and entails the concept of youth ministry is the word “discipleship.”
1. One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
2. Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior with Biblical mandates for leaders following 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
3. Will be an active church member in good standing of the church.
4. The youth minister is expected to be a cheerful tither.
5. Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church requires Youth Minister pass a background check.
Ministry to Youth:
6. Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
7. Plan yearly youth emphasis (ie. Youth week, youth revivals) to involve youth in areas of church leadership.
8. The youth minister would be expected to attend some of the school activities and school sporting events. The events attended would be at the discretion of the youth minister and pastor. An example would be the “See You at the Pole” rally.
9. Youth minister would be mentored by the pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to his oversight of the youth minister's mission. He will be directly supervised by the senior pastor, but will ultimately be answerable to the church through the deacons.
10. In order to avoid the appearance of inappropriate conduct, the youth minister should refrain from direct texting with the youth and should never counsel them without another person present.
Ministry to Parents:
11. Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
Ministry to Youth Leadership:
12. Recommends perspective youth leaders to nominating committee for approval.
13. Lead regular leadership meetings with youth leaders.
14. Coordinate training opportunities as needed.
15. Is a member of Church Council.
16. Draw up a yearly budget for youth ministry and submit to Finance Committee.
17. The youth minister is expected to make hospital/home visits of youth and parents and assist with visitation.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor.