Next Generation Pastor: A Pastor to Children, Students, and Young Families
First Baptist Church of Conway, SC is looking for a full time Next Generations Pastor. The Next Generation Pastor will be a champion for the next generation, providing leadership and oversight for children, students and young families at First Baptist Church. This person will partner with parents, families and other church members in passing the faith on to the next generation. This person will continue to help our church carry out its mission of Reaching people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teaching them to follow Him.
This is a full-time position; the salary is up to $75,000. You can purchase benefits through Guidestone insurance. If you are interested, please take the time to look at the insurance quotes through Guidestone if needed: www.guidestone.org.
Conway has a small-town feel, yet minutes away from the beach, Coastal Carolina University, and all the tourist attractions you can handle. This is a great place to start a family, raise a family, or even retire. There are many different types of people in our area and we believe you will enjoy living here.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide overall leadership and direction for Next Generation ministries including Sunday school, for children (including preschool) and youth.
• Develop and implement a discipleship strategy that helps children, youth, and parents grow in their relationships with Jesus.
• Take administrative responsibility for Next Generation ministries (i.e., budget, policies and procedures).
• Develop, lead, and empower a team-based ministry approach in respective areas.
• Plan and help implement special events for specific ages and ministries.
• Build personal relationships with children, students and families.
• Develop adult volunteer leadership and support for Next Generation events and activities.
• Develop authentic worship environments for the students to connect and grow relationally and spiritually.
• Plan and attend special events and trips (i.e., camps, retreats, conferences).
• Develop Children’s church or like event for children to attend during Sunday morning worship service.
Lovell Weekday Ministry (“LWM”)
• Lead LWM in all spiritual aspects, to include ministering to the families of the children attending.
• Develop spiritual elements to help the children to grow in their faith while attending LWM.
• Serve as the liaison between the church and LWM.
• Provide oversight and administrative support for LWM.
• Consult with the Lovell Weekday Team for additional support and assistance
• Assist in preaching or teaching when needed.
• Assist in ministering to those in need.
• Contribute to the overall mission and vision of First Baptist Church
• Assist other staff members and ministry teams to help pursue their goals.
• Carry out any other incidental duties assigned by the Senior Pastor
• Meet and comply with biblical qualifications found in 1 Tim. 3:2–7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:2-3.
• Familiar with Next Generation ministry approach and Orange material.
• Clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing, personal relationship with Him.
• Commitment to moral purity.
• Commitment to the mission and vision of First Baptist Church
• 3–5 year’s experience leading Next Generation or youth or children’s ministries.
• Team player and team builder, with the mindset that no job is beneath you.
• Possess good computer skills.
A Master’s degree in relevant field is required.
Please include the following when applying:
• Resume and cover letter: Please personalize the cover letter covering these questions:
• Why are you interested in this position?
• Why you and your family feel comfortable relocating to Conway, SC.
Please send all information to: email@example.com
First Baptist Church