MINISTER OF STUDENTS
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Classification: Professional (Ministerial), Salaried Exempt
Time Status: Full-time
Application: Apply online at www.churstaffing.com
Principle Function: The Minister of Students is responsible for providing spiritual leadership, development, and Christian education and training to students and student families of Mount Carmel Baptist Church (MBC) with the goal of leading them to a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
1. Passion to love God and others
2. Strong foundation of biblical truths, ability to teach that truth to others, and deep desire to share the gospel
3. Daily bible study and prayer life
4. Deep commitment to Christ and the ministry of the church
5. Ministerial degree and/or 3-5 years professional staff experience preferred
6. Has demonstrated a gift for working & communicating with students and adults
7. Excellent organizational and leadership skills
8. Excels and enjoys recruiting, training and facilitating volunteers
9. Will promote a positive, Christian attitude in all work activities
1. Work under the supervision of the Pastor and in cooperation with paid and volunteer staff in leading the church to deliver effective Christian ministry to students and their families with the purpose of leading them to Christ and/or a close walk with Him.
2. Provide for the spiritual, emotional, and physical safety of all participants.
3. Be personally proactive in outreach to students and student families.
4. Manage funds to provide for various ministry needs of students and their families, and supervise the budget in accordance with the approved church budget.
5. Actively lead with the other ministry staff by participating in staff meetings, Church Council, business meetings, Celebrate Recovery, and other church socials, bible studies, and functions.
6. Explore church relationships with other local churches, schools, and other student organizations for the purpose of effective outreach ministry.
7. Visit students and their families in crisis and/or in hospital care.
8. Counsel students and their families in conjunction and guidance of the pastor.
9. Utilize contemporary media tools for communication with staff, volunteers, church families, and leadership teams.
10. Help support and organize mission opportunities
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
755 Bagnell Dam Blvd
Lake Ozark, MO 65049-8747
Welcome to Mt. Carmel, where we love God and each other.