FBCLB ASSOCIATE PASTOR/MINISTER OF MUSIC
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: The person holding this position will be a professing and practicing Christian, a member of FBCLB, and a minister of the Lord Jesus Christ to all the congregation and especially to Church members who are involved in the music ministry. This person must have experienced a call from God to the Gospel Ministry and should be licensed or ordained. This person must be a growing disciple of Jesus Christ and possess a “serving spirit.” The Minister of Music will lead the members of FBCLB to a growing awareness of the claims of Christ on their lives through the ministry of music, and participation in the total life of the Church. As Minister of Music, this person must be an example in Christian behavior, grace, caring, visitation, devotions, faithfulness in responsibilities, and be a witness for Jesus Christ and a soul-winner to all people.
RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS: The person occupying this position will show evidence of education/training/performance in the following competence categories:
1. Possess a bachelor’s and/or advanced degrees in Christian Music and/or in fields directly related to this position.
2. Must have 3 or more years of church music leadership experience.
3. Demonstrate appropriate skills in developing, conducting, evaluating, and publicizing programs in Christian Music.
1. Assist the Pastor in planning and conducting Worship Services and special events for the Church.
2. Coordinate the organization, planning, budgeting, and staffing of various choirs, ensembles, etc., with the assistance of the Music Council.
3. Work with the Music Council to plan, promote, conduct, and evaluate activities of the music ministry in coordination with the total Church program.
4. Be an active participant in Church programs and organizations.
5. Recommend music materials and equipment for procurement, and establish a system for appropriate usage and safekeeping upon their receipt.
6. Be involved in Church-wide outreach and visitation.
7. Provide appropriate counseling to participants of the music ministry programs and others.
8. Be involved in school and community activities as an outreach of the Music Ministry when appropriate.
9. Perform other ministry-related tasks as required by the Pastor.
RELATIONSHIPS: This person will report directly to the Pastor.
Ability to lead worship and train others as individual and team worship leaders
Possess an infectious and inspirational passion for worship
Ability to teach people basic to advanced musical concepts
Effective multi-generational leader
Interpersonal Relationships skills
Sound, audio visual, worship software proficiency
Written & Verbal Communication Abilities
Greetings from First Baptist Church, Long Beach, Mississippi. Although our facilities were completely destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, our Family of Faith remains strong! We currently Worship together at the Long Beach Middle School on Sunday mornings at 9:00 am, and have Bible Study at 10:15 am. We hope to begin construction on our new facilities in the early spring of 2007. Please see our website for more information about the active, on-going ministry of our church. You are invited to visit with us, or to become a part of our church fellowship.