Colts Neck Community Church
25 Merchants Way, Colts Neck, New Jersey
ABOUT THE CHURCH:
Colts Neck Community Church is a healthy, vibrant congregation whose mission is to declare and demonstrate the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Our church has grown from 40 regular worshippers to 450 in eight years. Much of that growth has been young families with children. We are nestled in a beautiful farm town in Central New Jersey, only 20 minutes away from the beach.
PURPOSE of the POSITION:
The Associate Pastor of Children’s Ministry would love and lead the children’s ministry as he also helps to love and lead the entire congregation. We are looking for: 1.) A Gospel-centered, Word-saturated, family-focused approach to children’s ministry, 2.) A strong emphasis on creating a culture of love and security for children and their parents 3.) Excellence and diligence in recruiting and equipping volunteers to serve.
QUALIFICATIONS of the CANDIDATE:
- Is a born again, Spirit-filled follower of Jesus Christ (John 3:3, Matt 7:21-23).
- Is called to serve as a pastor in the local church and fulfills the requirements of the pastoral ministry laid out in Scripture (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9).
- Loves and leads his family well (1 Tim 5:8, 1 Cor 11:3).
- Loves the Word of God and loves the people of God (2 Tim 2:15, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Can affirm the doctrine of our church with a clear conscience (1 Timothy 1:18-19).
- Has theological training (Seminary education preferred) and has experience teaching children and leading in a children’s ministry.
- Has a genuine passion to point children to Christ, is trusted and respected by parents, and is uniquely gifted to recruit and train a large team of volunteers.
- Assist the other pastors in shepherding the entire church.
- Oversee the children’s ministry to care for and disciple the children and their parents.
- Recruit, equip and mobilize volunteers to serve.
- We currently offer four worship services a weekend. We need toddler care and Bible studies for three different age groups from Pre-K to fifth grade (average 70-90 children).
- We currently offer toddler care and Awana on Wednesday nights for two different age groups Pre-K to fifth grade (average 20-35 children).
- Lead regular and annual special events, including Vacation Bible School (100-125 children, 25-35 volunteers).
- Offer regular training workshops for parents and volunteers.
- Create opportunities for fellowship for both the children and their families.
- Insure that all the necessary security precautions and protocols are communicated and enforced.
- Help the other pastors of the church shepherd the congregation, lead the worship services and serve where needed.
COMPENSATION and SUPERVISION
- Supervision: The Associate Pastor of Children’s Ministry will be supervised by the Lead Pastor and responsible to the church.
- Salary: $60,000 (Negotiable depending on experience). A healthcare stipend is included in the annual salary.
- Position available immediately.
- Contact person: Pastor Chris Durkin Chris@coltsneckchurch.com.