As a staff member
• Understand and support the vision and mission of FBCnl
• Implement and ensure regular alignment of children’s programming to this mission and vision
• Participate in regular staff meetings and personal and job skill development activities
• Attend trainings and conferences to continually grow in leadership
• Integrate personally and as a family into the life of FBCnl
As a shepherd to children and their families
• Commit to making Christ-centered teaching a priority in every environment and event
• Develop intentional and healthy relationships with the children/families of FBCnl, local schools and community
• Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
• Recognize children’s birthdays and special occasions; attend games and special events as schedule allows
• Communicate regularly with parents
• Equip parents to disciple their children at home
As the ministry leader for children ages birth – 6th grade
• Oversee children’s ministry environments on Sunday mornings, mid-week, summer ministry, special events, etc…
• Create engaging and safe environments that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth
• Choose and prepare curriculum in cooperation with the elders of FBCnl for each program and each age level
• Intentionally plan curriculum and ministry environments with a holistic approach to ensure that there are strategic steps in a child’s discipleship journey
• Ensure the complete preparation for Sunday services such as materials, volunteers and any necessary set up
• Plan and oversee special events such as VBS, kids camp, baby dedications, etc.
• Plan and oversee outreach events for families in our community
• Develop and manage a budget for children’s ministry
• Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
Seeking a director/pastor of children’s ministry to lead a family ministry (birth-6th grade) to equip children to follow Jesus and reach families in New Lebanon and the surrounding community.
First Baptist Church of New Lebanon (FBCnl) is a growing church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention in the village of New Lebanon, Ohio, with an average Sunday attendance of 300.
FBCKids currently exists as an volunteer-led ministry. On average over 70 different volunteers come together to lead small groups, worship in a large group, run a midweek program, and lead various special events and outreaches throughout the year. FBCKids comprises babies through children in the 6th grade. Our average preschool attendance on a Sunday morning is around 60 and our average elementary attendance is 50. Our midweek program runs an average of 50 four-year-olds through 6th grade.
As the leader of the FBCKids ministry team
• Recruit, coach, train and motivate ministry team leaders to build effective ministry teams
• Invest in intentional and healthy relationships with team members (this would include intentional team building outings both on and off campus)
• Develop and build ministry teams for small Groups, children’s worship, mid-week ministries and special events
• Supervise pre-school ministries to ensure program coordination
• Maintain healthy and clear communication to ministry leaders
• Models the standards and expectations of a covenant member at FBCnl including:
A profession of faith in Jesus Christ, baptism by immersion, commitment to personal spiritual growth, membership and worship at FBCnl, Group participation, a lifestyle of generosity, and serving out of a call and giftedness
• Doctrinally sound student of the Word of God
• Prioritizes the health (physical, emotional and spiritual) of his/her family
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the rapidly changing culture and its implications on the family and specifically on children
• Knowledge and comprehension of the age appropriate learning abilities of children and the successful application of that understanding into all environments
• A good communicator that can engage with children and adults, in one-on-one, small group and large group environments
• Ability to build a dynamic program that is centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ
• Creative, organized, and able to multi-task and thrive in a deadline intensive and results-driven environment
• Able to cast vision and implement a ministry plan and see it through to completion
• Believes in and works well in a team
• Understands the impact of technology on the family and can minister through it
• Desires to connect with people from various cultures, socioeconomic groups, generations and ethnicities
335 S Church St
New Lebanon, OH 45345-0064