New Century Church is seeking to hire a pastor to oversee and develop our discipleship ministries. While the ministry that currently needs the most development (and direct attention) at New Century is our youth ministry, it’s our desire that this individual would eventually be willing to share the youth leadership and teaching responsibilities with other lay (and perhaps paid) leaders in order to most effectively oversee New Century’s other discipleship initiatives.
Oversee youth ministry, cast vision, teach and coordinate youth teaching team, recruit and develop youth leaders.
Small Group Discipleship
Oversee small groups ministry, identify and train new leaders, help create small group discussion content, help launch new small groups.
Assist the Lead Pastor in developing New Century’s discipleship pipeline and (also with the Lead Pastor) help launch new equipping seminars for both new and seasoned believers.
Oversee Hospitality/First Impressions Ministry
Ensure hospitality stations are set up and staffed, train and coordinate first impressions volunteers, follow-up with visitors who fill out communication cards.
A Final Word On The “Job Description”
At the end of the day, we believe it’s more important to “hire the person rather than the position.” While the categories mentioned above certainly present our priorities for this position, our goal—after a genuine love for the Lord and personality fit—is to hire talent/giftedness. Because each individual has unique strengths and weaknesses, we are willing to allow some flexibility with respect to how they relate to each of the job categories listed above.
• Believer for at least 10 years with regular participation in the local church and practice of the spiritual
• Ministry related graduate degree (M. Div., Th.M., etc.)
• 3-5 years ministry experience in the local church
• Ability to create and teach content to/for adults
• Ability to lead teams and develop leaders
• Ability to solve conflict biblically
• Ability to plan in advance
• Self-motivated—works well without constant supervision
• Reformed soteriology; Baptistic ecclesiology
$40-45K + Full Family Health + Annuity + Vacation
Please send cover letter, resume, and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org