We are looking follower of Jesus whom has been called to minister to the next generation in our community and church. To specifically minister to 6th grad - college age. This will be a bi-vocational position with the possibility of becoming full time in the future. That would include worship ministry. There is fully recent renovated youth ministry building separate from the church with Kitchen, bathrooms, and worship area.
New Harmony Baptist Church Bi-Vocational Student Minister Job Description
SCOPE OF THE STUDENT MINISTRY
1. Children: Starting with those entering first grade.
2. Middle School/High School Students
3. College Students: Lead/oversee Sunday school class or small group class
GOALS OF THE STUDENT MINISTRY
1. Sharing Christ with lost and un-churched students, leading them to salvation and Church membership.
2. Spiritual and numerical growth among the student group.
3. Counseling to students in relation to their spiritual life, college choice, vocation selection, life mate, social and family relationships, etc.
4. A strong foundation in the Christian faith and in Southern Baptist doctrine.
DUTIES IN STUDENT MINISTRY
1. Plan, direct, conduct, and evaluate the student ministry taking into consideration the spiritual, physical, recreational, social and psychological development of the students.
2. Relate the students to the overall life of the church.
3. Recognize and work with any students with the call of God in their life relating to vocation.
4. Strive to enlist the students in worship, Bible Study, prayer, and Christian discipline.
5. Plan and promote special activities of spiritual growth such as mission trips, youth evangelism conferences, or winter extremes.
6. Plan and promote special trips for children at least two times a year.
7. Encourage students to be a witness for Christ and New Harmony.
8. Oversee/Lead middle school through high school Bible study each Sunday night and Wednesday night in Student Center.
9. If possible, obtain a CDL to operate rented buses. (Not a requirement)
STUDENT MINISTER QUALIFICATIONS & ACCOUNTABILITY
1.Spiritual: Must be a man called of God and set apart to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology, in accordance with the “Baptist Faith and Message” (2000 edition), and committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture. The Youth Minister must be a man who demonstrates a godly character, and demonstrates a high level of competence as overseer of the youth. A. The Youth Minister will be a man called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination. (Acts 20-28; Titus 1:5, 1 Timothy 3:1 B. The Youth Minister will equip, educate and edit the youth as mandated in (Ephesians 4:11-13) C. The Youth Minister will conform himself to the ministry expectations set forth in (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13). D. The Youth Minister will lead and serve in accord with the expectations set forth in (1Peter 5:1-3). E. The Youth Minister will exercise biblical authority, preach sound doctrine, and carry out a Christian witness as set forth in (Hebrews 13:17 and Titus 1:5-9)jjj
2. Ethically: Must maintain a high moral and ethical lifestyle and is expected to maintain integrity beyond reproach. Under no circumstances are you allowed to date a student.
3. Financially: Student Minister is expected to tithe and keep their personal financial obligations current, showing good discipline and financial responsibility.
4. Organizational: Though voted and approved by the Church, the Student Minister reports directly to the pastor for supervision. Also, open communication is expected between Student Minister and Pastor.
5. Must work within the Policies and Procedures For Working With Minors adopted by New Harmony Baptist Church.
6. Must pass a national criminal background check.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
1. This position is bi-vocational so it is understood that Student Minister will have another full time job. While no regular church hours are required, the Student Minister is expected to lead by example and be faithful in attendance to all services of Church. Also, there is the expectation those items listed under “Goals of Student Ministry,” and “Duties In Student Ministry” will be fulfilled.
2. The salary for the Bi-Vocational Student Ministry will be approximately $230.00 per week and paid weekly. All taxes will be withheld based on the number of dependents you fill out.
3. This position will be allowed two week paid vacation per year.
4. There is no other salary or benefits with this position.
We are looking for someone who has had at least 2-5 years of experience in student ministry. Who feels a specific call from God to reach students. Education isn't a must but very helpful. Passion, Drive, and a heart for Jesus is a must!
Brother Philip Drake
951 Prior Station Rd.
Cedartown, GA 30125-4979