First Baptist Church, Hamilton, Alabama, is seeking a Worship Pastor who is called of God to lead the church to engage in worship and pastor people in spiritual growth. The ideal candidate will have a deep, vibrant relationship with Christ and will be a strong worship leader preparing the people for God’s Word. The Worship Pastor should be able to work alongside others to build a strong and dynamic worship that encourages others and honors Christ above all.
We are a thriving, growing church with an average Sunday attendance of approximately 400. Our worship music is blended but leans more toward the modern than traditional. It is our desire to develop passionate followers of Christ, and we are looking for a Worship Pastor who would join and encourage us to be true worshippers through music, scripture, and prayer.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of First Baptist Church of Hamilton and agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message of the SBC.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, dynamic, Spirit-filled leader.
• A demonstrated ability to lead choir, music ensembles, and praise teams; candidate should have 5 years or more experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Music, or closely related field; a seminary degree from a Southern Baptist Seminary is a plus.
• A strong love for worship and for God’s people.
• Prepare and plan in consultation with the Pastor and under his leadership the corporate worship services of FBCH, doing so with prayer, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
• Oversee song and choir selections, media and sound preparation and presentation, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
• Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship services.
• Serve as lead worshipper in our blended worship services.
• Prepare chord charts, lead sheets, guitar tabs, and vocal sheet music used for rehearsal with worship band and praise teams.
• Plan major seasonal and special musicals.
• Facilitate and organize additional choirs (such as children’s or senior adult) with help from volunteers and staff.
• Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
• Manage Planning Center database.
• Be an active, participating member of FBCH.
Send resume and a letter of introduction.