FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH
107 ILLINOIS AVENUE
NUTTER FORT, WV 26301
Full-time Pastor. Qualifications include the following:
1. You must be the man called by God to serve as the Shepherd of FBC.
2. An ordained Southern Baptist minister in good standing with the SBC.
3. An experienced Pastor of SBC church[s].
4. One that supports the Baptist Faith & Message.
5. A man with a heart longing to see all ages of the body grow in faith, hope, love, unity and service.
6. A man with a strong desire for Evangelism, Discipleship, Missions, Ministry, and Service.
7. A preacher of Gods’ infallible, perfect truths revealed through, and only through the Bible.
8. A skilled teacher that gets great joy from searching, finding, revealing and sharing the wonders and commands of God’s Word.
9. A man with a burden for the lost on your street, neighborhood, town, state and beyond.
10. A man that realizes his utter dependence on the Holy Spirit to direct his ministry.
11. A man whose life is characterized by the virtues detailed in 1 Timothy 3.
12. A man willing to use multiple methods--both modern and traditional—in the effort to win the lost, return the lukewarm, and grow the faithful….with the understanding that the Truth of the Bible is Jesus Christ, and His message is eternal and non-negotiable.
More Detailed Criteria:
13. Demonstrated effective and sustained church growth with an emphasis on reaching and retaining younger age folks.
14. Willingness to consider non-traditional tools [alternate service days/times, home groups, use of creative strategies] for evangelism and discipleship.
15. Embrace technology to enhance, enliven, improve, and strengthen our outreach, worship, teaching and daily walk.
General Responsibilities :
1. Develop and preach sermons on Sundays, Wednesday night and other scheduled services.
2. Along with the Deacon body and other leaders, purposefully perform the mission of the church.
3. Conform to and follow the Constitution, By-Laws, Core Values, and Mission Statement of FSBC.
4. Lead, guide, direct and challenge the body to have an intentional daily walk with Jesus.
5. Conduct member weddings, funerals, counseling and conflict resolution as necessary.
6. Observe and perform ordinances such as Baptism and Lord Supper.
7. Participate in hospital, long term care, in-home and other visitation necessities.
8. Serve as Moderator at monthly business and church council meetings.
9. Serve as ex-officio member of church committees.
10. Represent the church with biblical based moral clarity.
NESTLED IN THE FOOTHILLS OF NORTH CENTRAL WEST VIRGINIA CLOSE TO INTERSTATE 79-SUNDAY SCHOOL AT 9:30 AND CHURCH AT 11:00