Job Summary: Works under the direction of the Lead Pastor designated by the Senior Pastor to develop Chinatown and surrounding community outreach for children and youth. The Community Outreach Minister will support expansion of the Community Ministry by developing and executing outreach and follow up programs for the community children and youth. Those community children and youth who are ready for discipleship will be assimilated to existing English and Chinese Children/Youth Ministries. The minister will also be involved in supporting the existing English and Chinese Children/Youth Ministries in developing ministry resources.
1. Develop outreach and follow up programs for community children and youth as part of the ongoing strategy to outreach to the community. Outreach programs such as art/drawing contests, enrichment programs, etc. will be held during school breaks and followed up with after school programs and teaching on Christian faith.
2. Provide pastoral care to children and youth.
3. Assimilate those community children and youth who are ready for discipleship to existing English and Chinese Children/Youth Ministries. Coordinate and collaborate with Children’s Minister, Youth Minister and Lead Pastor designated by the Senior Pastor on the assimilation process and ministering strategy.
4. Support existing English and Chinese Children/Youth Ministry summer outreach efforts as directed.
5. Develop or improve children/youth Bible teaching curriculum or other ministry resources and support other Community Ministry activities when needed.
6. Establish relationships with parents of community children and youth.
7. Establish relationships with outside community organizations to facilitate outreach.
8. Preach in different worship services as assigned by the Senior Pastor. Partner with Children’s Minister to preach occasionally in Children’s Worship.
9. Attend pastoral staff, deacons’, members’, and prayer meetings.
10. Maintain regular working hours; be compliant with church policies and procedures.
11. Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Lead Pastor designated by the Senior Pastor.
Submit resume to fcbc.org/job-postings
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: Master's degree in Divinity or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Posting: Community Outreach Minister
KNOWLEDGE AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Ministerial experience in a North American church desirable.
2. Prior children and youth ministry experience a plus.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS: Teaching, coaching, leading and preaching
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficiency in written and verbal English and Cantonese a must. Ability to speak Mandarin desirable.
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES: Ordination not required.
1. Calling and Commitment
a. Must be a born-again Christian
b. A confirmed calling by God into the gospel ministry
a. Be a Godly example
i. Humble before the Lord and His people
iii. Teachable and accountable
iv. Pursues personal holiness
v. A passion for the lost in the community
3. Skills and Abilities
a. A good organizer with good communication skills
b. Possess good people skills as a shepherd
i. Handles problems and conflicts with sound discernment
ii. Works with individuals and groups as a team player
iii. Proactive in resolving issues and conflicts
iv. Personable, approachable, and available
v. Compassionate and caring for believers and non-believers
vi. Encouraging and supportive
c. Can share the Gospel clearly
d. Can teach the Bible effectively
e. Can lead effectively
i. Communicates and acts with integrity
ii. Initiates, organizes, leads, and delegates
f. Proficiency in written and verbal English and Cantonese highly desirable. Ability to speak Mandarin a plus.
g. Flexibility to work with different age group and cultures within FCBCLA
h. Sensitivity to the needs of the Chinatown community and surrounding area