This position serves to lead the Children’s and Youth Group ministries as a part of the overall ministry team. Under the direction of the lead Pastor and Elders board, the successful candidate will have responsibility for the youth programs as well as sharing the Sunday morning preaching needs as required. This primarily involves leading, planning, and helping implement Sunday School, Junior Church, and Youth Group. There are both tangible tasks and relational efforts required to be effective in this roll, including working effectively with the volunteers who invest in these ministries.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
• Serve as an engaged member of the Ministry Staff for the overall ministry of the church.
• Make and grow disciples personally and through the Children’s and Youth ministries.
• Provide leadership to the Children’s and Youth lay leadership and/or volunteers.
• Provide strategic direction for the Children’s and Youth ministries.
• Oversee the effective utilization of resources related to Children’s and Youth ministries.
• Participate in and lead local events promoting the church as well as the Children’s and Youth ministries.
• Work to foster a disciple-making environment in these ministries.
• Engage with volunteers, local schools, and the community for effective ministry.
• Assist the Pastor in the planning and implementation of other ministries and programs as necessary.
• Develop and deliver the Sunday morning sermon when required.
• If gifted musically, assisting with Sunday morning worship music
• This position requires that the staff member be an active and growing follower of Christ who is capable and willing to share their faith, as well as investing spiritually in others.
• Model consistent Christ-like character as a growing follower of Christ.
• Model consistent biblical stewardship with personal/church resources.
• Exhibit a consistent commitment to the ministry and mission of Spring Hills and its leaders.
• Hold to the doctrine set forth in the Baptist Faith and Message
• Meet the qualifications set for in Scripture for a church elder/pastor
• Calling from God for pastoral ministry, seminary degree preferred (complete or in-progress).
• Proficient at computer software for office usage and communication, including social media platforms.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with ability to engage people.
Ryan Tooill, Interim Pastor
We are a medium sized rural church with between 30 and 40 in attendance on Sunday morning. Our service time is 10:30 worship, 9:30 Sunday School. The goal for the church is to disciple its members for individually and corporately reaching the communities around us for Christ. We have a focus on young people that includes Sunday School and Junior Church. The church is conservative in doctrine and contemporary apparel. The worship music is a mix of contemporary worship songs and traditional hymns.