We are a community-based, family oriented church in the heart of suburban Port Orange Florida. Situated right on historic Highway U.S. 1, we are mere miles from the greatest beach on earth! We are a smaller congregation at the moment, but we are growing under a revitalization process. Is God calling you to FBC Harbor Oaks?
Principal Function (Children): the minister of children’s work is responsible to the pastor for overseeing the planning, coordinating and implementing program(s) for children birth to 5th grade, as well as the connecting vision of the church.
Principal Function (Youth): the minister of youth is responsible to the pastor for assisting the church in planning, coordinating and promoting the youth programs, events, special projects and connecting vision of the church.
This is currently a part time role, but can grow into full time as the church family grows.
1. Work with key leaders in the enlisting of volunteers for the children’s and youth ministry.
2. Conducting training as necessary for all workers in the proper relationship to the church as a whole.
3. Regularly review church policies and programs that relate to children and youth and bring recommendations for needed changes and improvements to the church leadership..
4. Assist the church leadership team in preparing, planning and presenting of an annual church budget, and in overseeing expenditures of funds from the youth and children’s budgets.
5. Work with the pastor, sound team, and minister of music when necessary to provide needed services.
6. Assist with the planning and conducting of special projects, camps, mission trips, retreats, etc.
7. Organize and oversee an active connections emphasis with children, youth and their parents through home visits, phone calls, emails, social media, texts, etc. for the purpose of evangelism, discipleship and growing faith.
8. Conduct weekly Bible study (youth emphasis)
9. Counsel children, youth and parents as needed.
10. Remain informed on current trends in children/youth education/discipleship
11. Develop relationships with local school officials and be available to visit and /or speak in the schools (schedule deference)
12. Organize a transition program for 5th graders moving into the youth program.
13. Organize a transition program for 12th graders moving in college/career programs in order to bridge their role in to adulthood service in the church.
14. Cooperate with associational and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
15. Other duties as needed.
We are a fellowship of people who follow Jesus. God's Word, the Bible, is our instruction manual for life and practice. We are a member of the Florida Baptist Convention and the Halifax Baptist Association. We preach the Word of God faithfully, and hold to the inerrancy of Scripture. Guests are welcome to attend our services, and our website states our doctrine at www.fbcharboroaks.com. We have Christian Education (Sunday School) classes for all ages. Our church was a mission plant by First Baptist Church (downtown Baptist) of Daytona Beach in 1975. We welcome your questions and visits.