Clear Springs Baptist Church, is a thriving and growing service-minded church located in Corryton, Tennessee, just miles outside of Knoxville. We are a conservative church, yet not legalistic, that that is rooted in traditional Christianity.
We are seeking an experienced full-time youth pastor. Our prayer is that God will lead us to a youth pastor who is passionate about ministering to teens and children, and will help lead them to love God, love People, and serve the Lord through a local church. This is an ideal opportunity for a youth pastor who would like to help shape the lives of our young people, as well as to create, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and communicate a clear vision for ministry.
Principal Functions as Youth Pastor
Support the ongoing ministry to high school and middle school students at Clear Springs Baptist Church by building positive relationships with youth and their parents, modeling a Christ-like lifestyle and attitude, planning/leading / or assisting, as appropriate, at various ministry events that reinforce our churches values and vision. We would also like for the person filling this position to oversee and preach weekly at our Children’s church on Sunday mornings designed for kids from 1st – 5th grade.
1. Salvation evidenced by written and oral testimony of commitment to Christ by profession of faith and believer’s baptism.
2. A deep and growing love for Jesus Christ and desire to serve him.
3. A lifestyle that reflects an authentic commitment to Christ, serving as a Christ-like example to all, and a commitment to conduct their private and public life with personal integrity, humility, and holiness.
4. To be a member or join for membership upon being hired.
5. Experience in successfully leading and growing youth and children groups.
6. A desire to learn about and engage in the various facets of church ministry.
7. The ability to sense God’s call for the youth ministry and to cast a vision for this ministry.
8. A history of working well and serving well with others.
9. Ability to manage time, complete assignments, and initiate/implement new ideas.
10. Ability to relate well with all members, staff, Youth and their parents.
11. Senses God’s call to ministry and desires to serve Him in pursuing that calling.
12. A proper respect for those accountable for overseeing the ministries of the church.
13. Theologically supportive of Clear Springs Baptist statement of basic beliefs.
Performance Reviews & Feedback
Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor to:
1. Review the past week’s / month’s activities.
2. Receive feedback on performance and use the feedback to grow in personal ministry skills.
3. Provide suggestions to Senior Pastor based on observations and interactions with the students, children, and congregation.
4. Agree on expectations for the upcoming months based on the churches calendar of events.
5. After the first Six Months of continuous service, a formal review will be held giving written feedback on performance.
Job Summary as Youth Pastor
Use your set of skills, knowledge, interests, and passions to help direct, support and enhance the churches children's and youth ministries. The individual will report to the Senior Pastor in growing the Children and Youth Ministry areas of Outreach, Discipleship, Service, Activities, and integration of our kids into various other Ministries of the church for their Spiritual Growth and His use.
Responsibilities and Expectations as Youth Pastor
The goal is to develop children and students who are increasing in their knowledge of God and His Word and are growing in their love for God and others.
Weekly (* All are subject to change based on need)
1. Sunday School – Willingness to teach Sunday School class
2. Sunday Worship – Oversee volunteers and preach each Sunday morning in the children's church.
3. Sunday Evening – Attend every week sitting with or otherwise engaging the youth.
4. Wednesday Evening – Develop or continues the current Wednesday evening ministry for youth to emphasize discipleship, fellowship, and outreach.
5. Follow up with youth prospects to evangelize or encourage continued participation in the ministry.
6. Attend Leadership Meetings with Senior Pastor and staff as necessary.
Monthly or as scheduled
1. Youth Activities and Special Events – Plan and Participate in youth activities and special events such as socials, outreach activities, ministry activities, and retreats. Co-ordinate the youth activities with the church calendar and be available to meetings as needed for the co-ordination of activities involving the youth and church as a whole.
2. Meet with local school leaders in our community in an effort to develop closer bonds with these schools and to provide students with authentic opportunities for worship and Bible study – either in the schools or at Clear Springs.
1. Ensure that youth are provided with appropriate opportunities for mission trips, camps, weekend retreats or other conferences with planning and coordination with the Student Ministry team.
2. Help develop Youth budget and administer Youth budget in accordance with financial policies.
3. Develop and communicate a vision for the youth ministry and modify it as lead by the Holy Spirit.
Clear Springs Staff Responsibilities
As a member of Clear Springs Ministerial Staff, the Youth Pastor is expected to:
1. Have a positive working relationship with all leaders and members of the church body.
2. Adhere to all policies and procedures of the church including all financial policies, personnel guidelines, as well as working within the leadership structure and procedures of the church provided by Clear Springs Baptist Church.
3. Be willing to conduct ministry with the church body to help the pastor including: hospital visits, ministry visits, pastoral care, funerals, weddings, outreach, and other duties as they arise.
4. Enthusiastically represent Jesus Christ to the community.
5. Demonstrate an appropriate work ethic for ministers, including attendance, office hours, responding to communication (phone calls, e-mails, etc), study, prayer, and service.